Pictures of your portable rig- Part VI
Dec 24, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #646 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidfireboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you secured the split-off part with heatshrink?

what's the hard material underneath? You have any more pics of this?

thanks
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I hate J-Link neck Sony use. And I am an anal for Y Split cables. So what I did was "recabled" my E888LP by totally severing the J section and replaced them with another Sony flexi cables - with matching length. The tricky part is to get them connected properly because those cables are soo tiny and insulated. So I burn off the insulation and twist each strand very tightly (to preserve sonics). Then individually tin them lightly with solder to hold them secure. Then seal them off with various sizes of heatshrink. Final touch, to tidy up the Y barrel I wrapped some duct tape to give them that cylinderical look and seal them off with a final heatshrink.
biggrin.gif

I'll take another photo if I had a chance.

Dec 24, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #648 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still the same rig, but, I took that pic a week or so ago, and thought it was neat, and thought you guys might like to see it!

Those Audio-Technica Ax00 headphones are something else, they're the largest headphones I've ever worn.

Dec 24, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #651 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by concrete_d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My traveling rig for long distance commutes: iPod Photo 60GB + ABT iJet Wireless Remote > SiK Ram Din > Little Dot Micro+ > Homemade 75 Ohm Adapter > Altec Lansing iM716. I'm using Koss Plug foamies; they are extremely comfortable and seal quite well for me.

Sweeet remote setup!

concrete_d, do the two FF/RW buttons on the ABT-iJet remote allow you to skip album/directory too?

Dec 24, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #652 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweeet remote setup!

concrete_d, do the two FF/RW buttons on the ABT-iJet remote allow you to skip album/directory too?

No, unfortunately, it can only skip songs in one playlist. That's my only complaint with it; responsiveness and reception are both great. The fact that it was only $10 at Radio Shack is pretty awesome, too.

Dec 25, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #653 of 866
332867771_c9f807e8c2.jpg

332867776_c0c5b43658.jpg

Ultra-portable: Shure e2c/iPod 5G 30gig/Agent 18 case
Road Trip: Shure e2c/iPod 5G 30 gig/Pioneer Airware XM Radio receiver/Crumpler
Home: Grado SR 225/iPod 5G 30 gig/Denon 5801 AV receiver

Future upgrades: portable headphone amp ($150 budget). Suggestions welcome.

Dec 25, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #655 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5.5G 80GB iPod > ALO Multi-Array LOD > RSA Tomahawk > Westone UM2

Now I need a bag!....Christmas present perhaps!

very impressive rig there! how does the cable sound compare to others? i wonder if it's better than the jumbo cryo, which i have... looks like the wire is pretty flexible, compared to my jumbo

Dec 25, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #657 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my updated rig with the tomahawk

Don't You have the ALO Cotton Dock anymore? Since it seems that You have connected Your iPod with TH with iPod's headphoneout?
blink.gif

Dec 25, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #658 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by staid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't You have the ALO Cotton Dock anymore? Since it seems that You have connected Your iPod with TH with iPod's headphoneout?
blink.gif

Look at his sig: iMod! I think aluren's got the epitome of mobile sound..

Dec 25, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #660 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by staid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, I just found this - my back-to 80's rig!

Schweet! I had a DDII, but I can't remember the Mega Bass. Was that something newer?

And yes, Merry Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back