Pictures of your portable rig- Part VI
Nov 26, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #451 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by judestudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Hornet just arrived a few days ago...

ebe71243.jpg

Breathtaking! I like your rig a lot!

BTW, has anyone got the (PRODUCT)^[size=xx-small]RED[/size] Nanos?

Nov 27, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #452 of 866
Here are the pictures of my Portable Rig. I know a lot of people are going for the ultra compact, but I don't mind the bulkiness. and it clips to my belt and isn't combersome, so I like it...hope you do too. Plus it sounds awesome.
icon10.gif

PR-Front.JPG
PR-Back.JPG

PR-Top.JPG
PR-Side.JPG

PR-Inside2.JPG
PR-Inside.JPG

PR-Hookup.JPG

iPod-Front.JPG
iPod-Back.JPG

The rig consists of:
60gb RWA iMod iPod Rockbox'd in a Vakaadoo iVak Black Case; Rt Angled Switchcraft ALO Cryo Mini2Mini; Portaphile PV2^2maxxed Amp; Shue e500s with PTH module in line; and it is all packed nicely into a Headroom Gigabag, with a set of Black Sumajin Sportwraps.

I first bought a regular ALO Cryo Mini2Mini, but I couldn't close the case, so I bought the Rt. Angled version, and now everything fits nicely into the case.

I have this nice rig IMHO, and all because originally all I wanted was some decent info about IEM's before spending some money on them to go with my Treo 650...
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #454 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's superb!!! where to buy that Vakaadoo Black case?

I bought it from them direct at http://www.vakaadoo.com/

They are in England. It came quickly and is really nice. It fits the iPod like a glove and doesn't add much size to it. I first bought a Countour Case, which was bulkier and I'm not crazy about the white iPod showing in this rig. This one is much better for my setup, and now my iMod iPod is Black!!!
icon10.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #456 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by codine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPod 5g 30gb
sounds good to me, dunno if to get a hornet or a K701 next....

before getting the hornet, you should read this and see how the go-vibe compares to the hornet before you make your decision

Nov 27, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #459 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they say that a black one is available for the 40/60gb, but i can't select it from the drop down. how did you get it?
confused.gif

If you read the site:

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAKAADOO.COM
A smart case with a protective glossy lacquer finish, designed to mimic the iPod sheen. The case to fit the 20/30GB iPod is only available in White. The 40/60GB case is available in Black

So I'm not sure why they have it as Black for the 20/30GB and White for the 40/60GB. Maybe they made a mistake in updating their web site. Or maybe they have changed the 20/30-40/60 cases to the inverse. I would contact them directly.

Also I may not have noticed and just ordered the black one after reading the description, and lucked out.

My receipt says the following:

"We've received your order from Vakaadoo.com as follows:
Items:
4G-Domino Black"

Hope you can get it. If you find out anything you should post what they tell you so others here will know what to do.

Nov 27, 2006 at 10:26 AM Post #460 of 866
I can hear you all screaming "blasphemy!" from here.

PSPblasphemy.jpg

Most of the time it's with just KSC35s. Lord it sounds good with KSC35s.

Nov 27, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #461 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Track. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my humble rig
Ipod Nano 1st Gen 4GB>Creative EP630
dsc000226ef8.jpg

prolly get an 5.5g ipod video and um1 by end of the year

Nice! You have the same portable rig I have, too!
icon10.gif

Are you happy with this combination?

Nov 29, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #463 of 866
Updated my portable rig. Sold the Koss A-250's and the Little Dot Micro+, got a pair of Grado SR-225's and an XP Amp built by Mister X.
The next change will be daps since I will be retiring my iHP-120 for recording only. Either getting an iMod or an iHP-140 + 60gb hdd.
Before...

portrig2.jpg

After...

NEWRIG1.jpg

Nov 29, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #464 of 866
Nice WPS for Rockbox! Weird to see the "colors" inversed. And your H120 is in far better shape than mine! Mine has the paint flaking off, so I keep it in an iSkin.
smily_headphones1.gif

Personally, I'm going to forgo the iPod and iMod in favor of a Micro DAC so that I can use it with my laptop as well. Heheh.

Nov 29, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #465 of 866
I have an iSkin, but only kept my iHP-120 in it for a day. And I think I'm leaning toward the iHP-140 with upgraded hdd and possibly a MicroDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back