Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Aug 15, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #721 of 940
MrFaust, great looking rig!

Aug 15, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #722 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust
new portable rig

Nice!

Looks almost exactly like what I was taking to work with me for a while. Everything squeezed into the little bag that comes with the A250, it was nice.

Aug 16, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #725 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust
new portable rig

Should be using the lineout of the iriver, no?

Aug 16, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #726 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫
Now all you need is something transparent in which to transport your gear. Your stuff is way, way too sharp to cover up! Is that standard velcro or something else on the amp?

Yup so I can have them together without needing a rubber band or something...

gets3.jpg

Aug 16, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #727 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo
man, those A 250s look hawt (i've never seen a pair before). how do they sound?

the A/250's ROCK! They are my everyday headphone right now.

Aug 16, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #728 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty
Should be using the lineout of the iriver, no?

You know, I never tried having the cable in the line out jack. But now I have and the volumn is actually louder through it than the headphone jack. Weird.

Now I just need an H140 so I can put my flacs on it and keep the H120 for recording purposes only.

Aug 19, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #729 of 940
I'm really bad at taking pictures but here's my rig
smily_headphones1.gif

zvm3.jpg

zvm4.jpg

Aug 23, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #730 of 940
My purchase from Newegg came today. I wanted the classic red/blue with green joint ER4's as shown in their product photos, but they shipped me the newer all-black ones. Oh well, matches my all black rig I suppose.
etysmile.gif

img2008em6.jpg

img2010vy5.jpg

Nano (with metal case from ebay) -> TurboDock III -> RnB Audio Black Diamond Mini -> Xin SuperMini-3...or was it III? -> Xin 75-ohm "Ety adapter" -> Etymotic ER4p to the s

Aug 23, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #732 of 940
Ahhhhhhhhhh! I feel so outa place now... :'(
All you guys have portable amps and stuff... I'm like, one of the only people who doesn't use an amp
frown.gif

But I guess I'm the kinda person who prefers portability and style (That's also probably one of the only reason I despise full-sized cans)... But is it really worth using an amp? In my eyes, I guess it'd be best for those who use lossless since it can really bring out all the detail out of a song (I only use 320kbps mp3s).

But seriously, issit really worth the sacrifice of portability and stuff for SQ (not sure how much of a difference it would make though) especially if you're like me, and love the way things sexy things look untouched, and without a little amp sitting behind it?

Aug 24, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #733 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by HellDemon
Ahhhhhhhhhh! I feel so outa place now... :'(
All you guys have portable amps and stuff... I'm like, one of the only people who doesn't use an amp
frown.gif

But I guess I'm the kinda person who prefers portability and style (That's also probably one of the only reason I despise full-sized cans)... But is it really worth using an amp? In my eyes, I guess it'd be best for those who use lossless since it can really bring out all the detail out of a song (I only use 320kbps mp3s).

But seriously, issit really worth the sacrifice of portability and stuff for SQ (not sure how much of a difference it would make though) especially if you're like me, and love the way things sexy things look untouched, and without a little amp sitting behind it?

The Portable Rig thread: making people upgrade from "rig envy" since 2003
tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #734 of 940
Hey kids, I'm a total newbie, here's me bloody modest setup:
65693677.jpg

Steve

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #735 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
img2010vy5.jpg

Pure ownage! XD

Users who are viewing this thread