Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Aug 8, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #676 of 940
my humble portable
lambda.gif

My-Rig.jpg

Aug 8, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #677 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
I believe he won it as a special edition in the Katrina support raffle. Looks wonderful, doesn't it?

You are correct. He won the Katrina raffle and Ray made a special edition of the face plate.

Voltron, wonna donate a mini-mini to me? I am using a 6 ft long cable to when all i need is 6 inches

Aug 8, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #679 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by astranovus
k81 just arrived today,

bass is a bit muddy at the mo, hope burn in will get rid of that

Gosh, that MZ-RH1 is sexy! Makes me wanna get back into MD's again.

Aug 8, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #680 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qsilver2001
my humble portable

QS,

What do you think of the Beyer 770-32's? We need more impressions of the 32-ohm Beyers!!

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #681 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
You are correct. He won the Katrina raffle and Ray made a special edition of the face plate.

Voltron, wonna donate a mini-mini to me? I am using a 6 ft long cable to when all i need is 6 inches

Saab and Slacker are both correct and Ray says he will not make another. Two Head-fiers could combine to create their own versions. It could be like that Star Trek episode with the people who had white and black faces--the black face plate claiming to be superior to the silver and vice-versa. I just know I like mine.
cool.gif

Anyway, Slacker, I will let you know if I have a mini-mini to spare after I get home from vacation.
tongue.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #682 of 940
my portable cd setup... i'd have pictures of my other 2 rigs but my camera's battery died

portable1.jpg

i need to get a different mini -> mini cable

Aug 9, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #683 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Dude!
blink.gif

HRs portables seemingly never cease to pick up interference. When I still used my Airhead it would be perfect to alert me about incoming calls on my cell. What helps is actually wrapping *the amp* int aluminium-foil. Btw., Echo_ is rigth, this is not the right thread for this.

I suppose you're right.

But for the record, no, it doesn't help.

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #684 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
I believe he won it as a special edition in the Katrina support raffle. Looks wonderful, doesn't it?

Balls! That's too bad for me. I'm tempted to sand the front and back but don't want to be with out the lettering and am not sure it would look good.

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #685 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Anyway, Slacker, I will let you know if I have a mini-mini to spare after I get home from vacation.
tongue.gif

How do you know that you have TOO much stuff???

Its when you dont even know what you have!
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #687 of 940
amazing pic dude! how does it sound?
tongue.gif

Aug 11, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #689 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaDude
These look like UM2s, but which sleeves do you use? Do they fit perfectly on the UM2?

those look like the shure hard flex sleeves. Comply tips fell so much better imo. But the hard flex look better in the picture imo.

Aug 11, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #690 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman
those look like the shure hard flex sleeves. Comply tips fell so much better imo. But the hard flex look better in the picture imo.

First time I got IEM's I could not stand hard flex sleeves. But once your ear canals get used to being violated, Shure clear flex sleeves feel great, I cant even feel them anymore. Ultra Flex Sleeves aint bad too, but soften up the detail/bass a bit.

MrSlacker, the Indigo is quite incredible, the blackest background I have ever heard, the UM2's are dead silent at zero volume, or when you pause the track; when using the headphone out.

The line out has a slight electrical buzz since it was not designed for high sensetivity phones to be plugged in directly. Yet if you touch the metal jack opening of the opposing headphone out (when using the line out though), the buzz dissapears. Thus seems the headphone out need a ground for line out to be silent if using high sensetivity phones directly from line out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back