Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Apr 4, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #46 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Hmm, Elephas didn't have many good things to say about the audio player on this phone, he said the headset it came with sounded horrible (the ROKR I heard did sound pretty bad so I am inclined to agree with him). It certainly looks a lot nicer than the plain jane silver one I bought a while ago, although after reading your review I was dissapointed to hear Motorola used more plastic in this one, the plastic on the bottom of mine already drove me crazy enough, is it just me or do you think a $300 phone should not be made with plastic, or at least come with some games. Cingular sucks
frown.gif

Of course the headset it comes with sounds terrible, I've never had any included phones sound great. You use a mini usb to 3.5mm adapter with these phones and whatever headphones you like, the sound isn't drop dead spectacular, but it certainly isn't "horrible".

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #47 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Of course the headset it comes with sounds terrible, I've never had any included phones sound great. You use a mini usb to 3.5mm adapter with these phones and whatever headphones you like, the sound isn't drop dead spectacular, but it certainly isn't "horrible".

I onno man, they sound just like the ipod one's but more bassy. Its not THAT horrible, its okay for casual listening in noisy places, thats for sure. Skyline, i'm not saying that the plastic is a bad thing, because its not cheap plastic- its high quality plastic that feels like metal, in fact i'm not sure if its metal or plastic or a mixture of both, but all I know is that its not the same material as the v3 black's anodized aluminum.

Apr 6, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #48 of 940

I desperately need to find some a shorter interconnect. Think I'm gonna rubberband the amp and DAP into one brick like some here have done.

Apr 6, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #49 of 940

I desperately need to find a shorter interconnect. Think I'm gonna rubberband the amp and DAP into one brick like some here have done.

Apr 6, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #50 of 940
Right, I've been waiting aaaaaaages to post in this thread, and as I have now basically finished my portable rig (for the time being...
very_evil_smiley.gif
), here is a couple of pics of it (as promised in another thread):

Please disregard rather yucky looking table
tongue.gif

Loving the effect the Black Dragon cable is having on the system, it now sounds REALLY great. Good stuff!

Just out of shot in is the arcade machine of Streetfighter vs Marvel Superheroes, incidentally. Good fun with a mate when you're on the beer...

Apr 7, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #52 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Hmm, Elephas didn't have many good things to say about the audio player on this phone, he said the headset it came with sounded horrible (the ROKR I heard did sound pretty bad so I am inclined to agree with him). It certainly looks a lot nicer than the plain jane silver one I bought a while ago, although after reading your review I was dissapointed to hear Motorola used more plastic in this one, the plastic on the bottom of mine already drove me crazy enough, is it just me or do you think a $300 phone should not be made with plastic, or at least come with some games. Cingular sucks
frown.gif

I agree with you. If you're dropping any large sum of money for a good phone or mp3 player then it should be incase in metal à la ipod mini.

Apr 8, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #60 of 940
iPod Mini -> recabled KSC75's... I plan to add a CMoy and iPod Dock connector soon.

recabled%20KSC75.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back