Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Jun 27, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #451 of 940
Well, I can't let you guys have all the fun.

These are my travel buddies...Just waiting on the E500's and trying to decide if I should amp or not.
portablerig003.jpg

portablerig005.jpg

portablerig009.jpg

portablerig012.jpg

Jun 27, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #452 of 940
here's mine

IMG_6745.jpg

** IAudio X5L

** Panasonic RP-HT722

Im only a beginner audiophile. I bought the x5l after 2 paychecks, and the headphones I found around the house

the headphones suck soooooooo much. SO MUCH. If anybody in the GTA(and i'll only deal in GTA) has better headphones for <150 msg me

and yeah.... it's in a ipod photo silicone case. I was inspired to do it after seeing it somewhere on this forum. I did a pretty bad job though

Jun 27, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #453 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Well, I can't let you guys have all the fun.

These are my travel buddies...Just waiting on the E500's and trying to decide if I should amp or not.
portablerig003.jpg

portablerig005.jpg

portablerig009.jpg

portablerig012.jpg

wow that shot really emphasizes the quality of display on the vision m. is the lcd transreflective like the ipods have been- can read it without the backlight on, like the old gameboy color, etc.?

Jun 28, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #454 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Csidinim
wow that shot really emphasizes the quality of display on the vision m. is the lcd transreflective like the ipods have been- can read it without the backlight on, like the old gameboy color, etc.?

Actually, that shot is from below the ZVM and 6700 so the picture doesn't do the screen justice. It's actually much better. I've compared it directly to the ipod video I purchased for my daughter and I like the ZVM better. Yeah, if you tilt the player away, the ipod will win but I usually don't watch from that angle.

As to the backlight, you can adjust the brightness and set a timer to automatically dim it. I think mine is set to 50% in that picture and it will drop down to 10% after 10 seconds or so to conserve battery life. When it's at that level, I can still read the display very easily. Beautiful thing that ZVM GUI!!

Jun 28, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #455 of 940
No, you misunderstood. I was complimenting the screen because I could tell from the surface reflection that it was taken at an angle, yet the saturation, contrast, and sharpness of the picture still impressed me (especially juxtapositioned to the somewhat washed out pda next to it). Thanks for your explanation though. I take it that the backlight is usually always on to some measure for most users and that is factored into the reported battery life? Anyway, nice pictures!

Jun 28, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #458 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by chow_ahbeng
my new setup for the gym. a present from the missus
eggosmile.gif

zenv.jpg

Nice, you've already gotten the Zen V. Plus version or regular? And how is that joystick? If it's good enough, might be my next DAP.

Jun 28, 2006 at 10:08 AM Post #461 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orestes
IMG_0067%20(Large).JPG

biggrin.gif

Awesome.

Very Pro
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #462 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
Nice, you've already gotten the Zen V. Plus version or regular? And how is that joystick? If it's good enough, might be my next DAP.

I got the regular version. I don't need FM radio and video playback
tongue.gif
The plus version is not out in Singapore yet. Maybe in September, I think.

The joystick is useable, but a bit small. I have to use my fingertips or nails, but it's ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaftedTwice
Ooh, pretty.

Let us in on how it is!

I have a zen 20G (the one that looks like a blown-up zen micro), and the zen 20G seems to have a bit more bass punch. the zen v seems a little weaker. And the "bass boost" function tends to make the bass more "hollow". I couldn't find the zenv's headphone output power to compare with the zen 20G's 30mW, but I'm guessing the power output is lower. Overall it still sounds pretty good and I'm happy with it.

If you can, try out the joystick at a store and bring your own earphones
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #463 of 940
That's kind of dissapointing. I was hoping that the zen V would be the ipod nano's head competitor.

Jun 29, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #464 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
I just got my new 5G iPod 60gb.. what happened was that I won a car stereo in a raffle at my high school graduation party that was worth $350. I couldn't use the stereo since I wasn't going to have a car in college anyways, so I talked to the event organizers and got a receipt. I originally wanted just cash to put into my bank account, but Tweeter apparently only gives store credit on returns so I just bought an iPod.. so here it is!!

Stuff pictured is the iPod, MuVo TX FM 512mb, MX400's, ER-6i, iMP-400, and PortaPro2's. Not pictured is my KSC-75's, which are dying on me and need to be sent in to Koss. I wasn't terribly excited about the iPod but I'm liking it now, even though I wish I could have just gotten cash anyways. I suppose I could sell it but I'm too lazy, and the packaging is already opened.

Sweet, a Jay Chou fan, and listening to November's Chopin no less! Nice setup BTW, here is mine:

Jun 29, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #465 of 940

I like this setup very much on flights.
The song playing at that moment was Sergio Mendes' "That heat" featuring Will.I.Am. I love his new "Timeless" album. I think its a genius mix between bossanova and casual hiphop.
The game running in the PSP is Toca race driver 2. I chose the PSP over the DS for racing games, and this is probably the only gaming genre where the PSP shines over the DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back