Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
Jan 17, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #841 of 1,051
off topic- can responders restrain from quoting with FULL size pics in the thread just to add one line comments/questions? at least replace the images with corresponding post# or reduce to one image per quote. it is REALLY irritating to see the same 3 images flood each page. thanks.

Jan 17, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #842 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Csidinim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
off topic- can responders restrain from quoting with FULL size pics in the thread just to add one line comments/questions? at least replace the images with corresponding post# or reduce to one image per quote. it is REALLY irritating to see the same 3 images flood each page. thanks.

Glad someone finally said it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #845 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iRiver H140 -> iBasso D1 -> Larocco PrII mkII -> HD25-1 II = Heaven !

Why not only the iBasso D1? It has a headphone amp "included" (Normally one one would say, that the D1 - an amp - has a DAC included). Is it so bad in your ears that you "had" to add a Larocco as the only solution to the miseries of the iBasso?

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #846 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike W. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the I7 (my first DAP) a week ago. I got the SF3s (my first pair of good phones) about two weeks ago.

Congratulations on your purchase, welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet
wink.gif

I like how the red side of your DAP matches the phones red color.

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #847 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by dodap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not only the iBasso D1? It has a headphone amp "included" (Normally one one would say, that the D1 - an amp - has a DAC included). Is it so bad in your ears that you "had" to add a Larocco as the only solution to the miseries of the iBasso?

The D1 is an excellent portable DAC. No question about it. As an amp, its pretty decent (with upgraded opamps). It's just that the Larocco PRII is so much better and takes the sound to another level (in the soundstage and bass departments specifically). The PRII is the best portable amp I've heard.

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #848 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D1 is an excellent portable DAC. No question about it. As an amp, its pretty decent (with upgraded opamps). It's just that the Larocco PRII is so much better and takes the sound to another level (in the soundstage and bass departments specifically). The PRII is the best portable amp I've heard.

I think the larocco PRII mkII might have the best sound to size ratio of any portable amp. It looks like you've made a nice little mini stack.

Jan 19, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #853 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's my share..............

2rh7hib.jpg

Looking good!
biggrin.gif

...even if its a bit dark..

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #855 of 1,051
As of right now...

GV.JPG

GV1.JPG