Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
Dec 30, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #661 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my new setup
biggrin.gif
iAudio 7 -> Yuin PK1... yeah I know... Amp Amp Amp!

Do you feel that the i7 doesn't adequately drive the PK1? I've never used the PK1 but I use i7 with ety ER4S and I see no need for an amp in between.

Dec 30, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #662 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you feel that the i7 doesn't adequately drive the PK1? I've never used the PK1 but I use i7 with ety ER4S and I see no need for an amp in between.

The PK1'ns are 150 ohm, so yeah, tryed my brother Porta Corda Mk II and could really hear the difference, it was much more smooth
smily_headphones1.gif

Regards
Jacob

Dec 30, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #663 of 1,051
Quote:

The PK1'ns are 150 ohm, so yeah, tryed my brother Porta Corda Mk II and could really hear the difference, it was much more smooth
smily_headphones1.gif

Regards
Jacob

Ah yes, I see. Well, the good thing is that the i7 has a very clean sound and I consider the HP out to be just as good if not better than a certain other DAP([size=xx-small]cough/iPod/cough[/size]) that I have using its "true" line-out.

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #665 of 1,051
You're using the HD650 in a portable rig?

Dec 31, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #669 of 1,051
Quote:

I'm assuming those are custom leather cases?? Did you make them?

Very nice
cool.gif

Thanks but I'm not the one who did it. In fact it was some sort of a joke about wanting to protect a YoTank...
eek.gif

I showed that combo simply to give alternatives to the too frequent use of devices like rubber band or cord of any kind we see all the time.

The good thing is that these leather cases can be done by any local good leather artisans.

Amicalement

Dec 31, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #670 of 1,051
Quote:

Ah yes, I see. Well, the good thing is that the i7 has a very clean sound and I consider the HP out to be just as good if not better than a certain other DAP([size=xx-small]cough/iPod/cough[/size]) that I have using its "true" line-out.

Yeah but seriously nothing beats the Wolfson DAC in the Ipod Nano 1.gen
rolleyes.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #671 of 1,051
Quote:

Yeah but seriously nothing beats the Wolfson DAC in the Ipod Nano 1.gen
rolleyes.gif

I was refering to my 5.5 G iPod and I've never heard a 1G Nano so I wouldn't know about that but I'll assume that you've compared your Nano to the iAudio 7??

Dec 31, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #673 of 1,051
Quote:

I was refering to my 5.5 G iPod and I've never heard a 1G Nano so I wouldn't know about that but I'll assume that you've compared your Nano to the iAudio 7??

With a dock to mini cable, the Ipod Nano should sound beautiful, havent heard it myself, cause I dont have a amp so...

Regards
Jacob

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #674 of 1,051
Quote:

The i7 also runs on a Wolfson. I don't remember which revision, but probably a newer model.

Dec 31, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #675 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The i7 also runs on a Wolfson. I don't remember which revision, but probably a newer model.

Thanks for that info...I did not know that. I never really thought about which chip it uses, I just know that it sounds really good. I need to try amping the i7 with what I have to play with...Woo Audio 3, Central Station, Porta Corda and soon to be [size=xx-small]Pico[/size]
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back