Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
Nov 4, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #226 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these are frmo my facebook, hopefully it works
smily_headphones1.gif

ipod 160gb classic -> steven kelby made cryo dock -> webbie44's tomahawk -> red ultimate ears super fi 3's

its hawt!

What do the Super Fi and ER-6i IEMs sound like compared to the UM1s? I've tried the ER-6, which I didn't like much, and I'm not sure I'd want to wear the UEs because I find they look ridiculous, but I'm still curious!

Nov 4, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #228 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have to wear the Super fi 3's wrapped around your ear? Can you just wear them like a normal IEM?

Also, how do they sound?

Wrapped around the ear is how you wear a normal IEM.

I find it's much better that way. more comfortable, less microphonics, deeper insertion. Even when I have to resort to the canalphones that came with my phone (the design of which is similar to those Metro Fis), I wear them over my ear.

Nov 4, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #229 of 1,051
the UE's are amazing, I look like a bit of a tool, but I did the flipsy swap cable earpiece thing and i look like a less of a tool, but the sound is great.

They do have some comfort issues, but they sound much better than the UM1s and ER6is IMHO. The ER6is I use at work, wrapped around the ear to combat its horrible microphonics. The UM1s are really comfortable and light as well.

but yeah, the super fis i bought off a head-fier for the same price as radioshack (just under), so its def worth it, even if you buy it for $50 i think is what radioshack have it as.

and it looks sexy! i wish they had a red 160gb ipod, then my phone, earphones and ipod would match. in the process of looking for a cheap red mp3 player jus so i can be all red lol!

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #230 of 1,051
Quote:

and it looks sexy! i wish they had a red 160gb ipod, then my phone, earphones and ipod would match. in the process of looking for a cheap red mp3 player jus so i can be all red lol!

The creative sansa c200 has a red color that matches PERFECTLY. My little bro has one for his red super.fi 3s. I love it. Rockbox is working for it too now.
smily_headphones1.gif

$70 2GB @ circuit city: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/SanDi...oductDetail.do

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #231 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The creative sansa c200 has a red color that matches PERFECTLY. My little bro has one for his red super.fi 3s. I love it. Rockbox is working for it too now.
smily_headphones1.gif

$70 2GB @ circuit city: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/SanDi...oductDetail.do

i cud always jus use the 1gb microsd in my phone and use my phone as my mp3 player lol and be all red!

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #234 of 1,051
Quote:

airplane mode?

skin?

plz elaborate
smily_headphones1.gif

A lot of phones have "airplane mode", which essentially deactivates all the phone features. Doesn't send or receive the signals that airlines thing might interfere with their planes, so you can use the other features in flight.

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #235 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of phones have "airplane mode", which essentially deactivates all the phone features. Doesn't send or receive the signals that airlines thing might interfere with their planes, so you can use the other features in flight.

ahh no need, i dnt think i'd ever use my phone other than calling/sms and stuff.

im dedicated to my ipod rig for music, and hav a great 8MP camera for photos so yeah. the only time id use my phone is if i forgot my ipod (which hardly happens)

loL!

and re: skins, my new tomahawk which is on her way is silver, and gonna keep it suit with the ipod. looking for some clear super fis to go along as well!

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #236 of 1,051
Quote:

ahh no need, i dnt think i'd ever use my phone other than calling/sms and stuff.

im dedicated to my ipod rig for music, and hav a great 8MP camera for photos so yeah. the only time id use my phone is if i forgot my ipod (which hardly happens)

loL!

and re: skins, my new tomahawk which is on her way is silver, and gonna keep it suit with the ipod. looking for some clear super fis to go along as well!

Yeah, airplane mode is great for hospitals, airplanes, etc.

Hopefully some nice skins or cases will come out for the classic soon so that you can decorate the iPod to match the super.fi.

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #239 of 1,051
@ sparda:

I see you had a MZ-RH1... I used to love MD to the max...
But could you explain how the RH1 sounds? I have a Walkman now (NWZ-S516) and love the sound but I miss the good old MD sound.

I'm considering buying one of thos RH1's.....

greetz

Nov 6, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #240 of 1,051
@rictthman: I was uses to a mz-rh1 for half an year. Regarding SQ a very very fine device. Neutral sounding and absolutely zero noise at HP-out or LOD. Even with high-sensitve IEMs
wink.gif

You won't regret it if your are primarily into SQ but for me, the limited discspace was the reason to switch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back