Pictures of your portable rig- Part III of the infinite trilogy
Oct 26, 2005 at 8:50 AM Post #273 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
i have no idea really. :p

Just did a search on ebay...

You ain't gonna be a millionaire anytime soon!
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #275 of 1,017
I took some 3M industrial hearing protector earplugs (cheap) and modded them into biflanges for the Shures, the E2c has very wide stems, so i had to be very careful when making the mod with a soldering iron and just warming it a bit (otherwise they just break and open from the quick tempreature change) the soldering iron tip width was perfect for the mod so no problems there.

The earplugs are triflanged, but i cut the smallest flange because if you insert them good the small one is a bit uncomfortable, also it made it way longer than the E2cs stem length with negative consecuences on the sound, the isolation seems to be the same as with all the flanges.

Now that i chopped off the smaller flange its comfortable (they are also made from as softer material than the regular silicon sleeves) and sounds good (havent had time to do a good comparison with the regular silicon tips, but sounds at least as good as them); good isolation too.

I think they came out good, was very intersted in doing this mod since there are no triflanges or biflanges for the E2c... unless i havent checked correctly.

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #277 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
My gosh, how many times have you updated your rig since this thread started?
eek.gif

Also, how much does the sr60's improve with an amp?
icon10.gif

Many, many, many times
orphsmile.gif

And they improve a lot in my opinion, without an amp they just sound like theres no life to them.

Oct 27, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #279 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by carsncars
Haha, Mano... You've got bubbles in like EXACTLY the same place they are on my nano.
eggosmile.gif
Coincidence, or conspiracy? O.o

biggrin.gif
interesting, but i think its because they use the same mold for the facepleate and there must be some imperceptible depressions in the mold, but since the air is very fluid it fills up those depressions between the faceplate and the plastic protection sheet; air has always been useful to detect that sort of stuff; not that those are flaws; if the faceplate surface were leveled and even enough for those bubbles not to appear, we probably wouldnt notice the difference even if looking hard (without the protection sheet, of course).

Oct 27, 2005 at 10:16 AM Post #281 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielext
mine:
portable.jpg

M3 -> Porta Corda III -> Westone ES2

all on a dirty floor
wink.gif

And then back into your ears!.... niiiice
wink.gif

besides that, really nice rig
smily_headphones1.gif