Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Aug 30, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #1,231 of 1,335
lookie, my gears.

archos av 3100 (av300 with 100gb hdd)
aos flute dac/amp.
battery thingy for the flute. powers it for HOURS. perhaps a day. another for the player (mostly so it is there IF the flute one dies) is not shown.
and of course kg k-240 monitor, recabled with about 7ft of canare starquad, and a 1/8" canare connector. the flute drives these cans with authority, and beauty.
i also cary a set of sony mdr-e888 lp's in a gray cable turtle.

chicks dig the dinosaur-footprint bedsheets. i can hope...

Aug 30, 2005 at 8:30 AM Post #1,232 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by outsidelookingin
Mark.s....how did you get your Zen Micro to be totally black???

I bought the black version
wink.gif

And the picture is taken against the light, so you can't see the buttons

Aug 30, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #1,233 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark.s
I bought the black version
wink.gif

And the picture is taken against the light, so you can't see the buttons

is the usual-white backplate *not* black??? That sure doesnt look white to me. I know its the black one but it really looks like the whole player is black, like the Zen 20GB

Aug 30, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #1,234 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by outsidelookingin
is the usual-white backplate *not* black??? That sure doesnt look white to me. I know its the black one but it really looks like the whole player is black, like the Zen 20GB

It's a regular 5 GB Zen Micro and the backplate is white, nothing special here
wink.gif

I think you monitor might be set too dark though, as I'm able to see the white symbols on mine.

Aug 30, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #1,235 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
lookie, my gears.

archos av 3100 (av300 with 100gb hdd)
aos flute dac/amp.
battery thingy for the flute. powers it for HOURS. perhaps a day. another for the player (mostly so it is there IF the flute one dies) is not shown.
and of course kg k-240 monitor, recabled with about 7ft of canare starquad, and a 1/8" canare connector. the flute drives these cans with authority, and beauty.
i also cary a set of sony mdr-e888 lp's in a gray cable turtle.

chicks dig the dinosaur-footprint bedsheets. i can hope...

While that might sound amazing, I can't believe you carry all that around with you, do you?!
blink.gif

Aug 30, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #1,238 of 1,335
Yeah, its paint.

Aug 30, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #1,240 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
While that might sound amazing, I can't believe you carry all that around with you, do you?!
blink.gif

it depends on the day/use.
if i know i will actually have time to listenfor more than abotu 15min, yeppo, it gets lugged along.
most days, i dont have time to listen for mor ethan a fiew miniutes at lunch, so i just cary the player, and either my etymotic er4-p or my sony mdr-e888's. i forgot to mention my etymotics, which i also cary.

Aug 31, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #1,242 of 1,335
HD-5000, very good photo. love the lights

Aug 31, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #1,244 of 1,335
portablegearforweb24kk.jpg

While I'm saving for an iPod, it's just my 280s and a new PCDP

portablegearforweb16vh.jpg

I just use my messenger bag for carrying the two

Aug 31, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #1,245 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Csidinim
Where do you live to drive a small car like that? Europe?

You should link some small satellite speakers to the front... those seats must really muffle the sound from the larger speaker.

i'm in the UK, hatchbacks are very popular here. i guess it's due to the fuel economy and practicality.

the rear seats do inhibit the sound but only a little, bass tends to travel through things
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
mudlouse, dude, is there something wrong with the rim of your woofer? the one of the left looks like the its crumpled? lol dunno how to explain.

hey, so you've noticed! lol

i actually bought the subs second hand, it seems that the original foam-like material for the reflex perished long ago, so rubber was used to repair them. i don't particularly mind as it still sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back