Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Aug 25, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #1,186 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by communic
my rig now...

is that a PDA? and it has a remote too, thats cool! and are those sony tips?

Aug 25, 2005 at 10:51 AM Post #1,187 of 1,335
Those iRivers (iHP-120, H340) are great. I've never been so happy with any portable Player before. Koss Headphones are a perfect accessory for any Mp3-Player, I guess.

portable%20gear%202.JPG

Aug 25, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #1,188 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
is that a PDA? and it has a remote too, thats cool! and are those sony tips?

Its actually a Sharp 902 mobile phone, has a 2mp cam and all the works!! The sound is very good not as good as my micro but very close and yes those are indeed Sony tips...well spotted!!

Onix, this mod is a hybrid of one of the other Koss mods but its basically Mack's Hear Plugs cut off at the ends so that they have a nice tight fit over the Koss Plugs. The Hear Plugs are then trimmed down a little so that a EX71 sleeve can slide over on top (again a nice tight fit).

The main difference between these and the other mods is that the bass REALLY PUNCHES!! (think of ex71 multiplied by 2!!!
basshead.gif
) It's also controlled which is good.

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #1,190 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by headache
Those iRivers (iHP-120, H340) are great. I've never been so happy with any portable Player before. Koss Headphones are a perfect accessory for any Mp3-Player, I guess.

I see you aren't running rockbox (www.rockbox.com) on that iHP-120. You really haven't used an H120 if you haven't loaded rockbox on it. It makes the player damn near perfect. Gapless playback OTF playlists, Flac playback, just to name a few. Do yourself a favor and try it out

Aug 25, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #1,191 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Dude that's one freaking sweet phone! Where'd you get that thing at?

Cheers! I don't think its too bad either
biggrin.gif
I just wish it had a better cam!! They actually sell them in Vodafone UK stores. At the moment the Sharp 903 has been released which is all black but with a 3.2mp cam but its a bit too expensive for me!!!

Aug 26, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #1,193 of 1,335
check the FS forums for the cmoy, and maybe something to replace them sony's
wink.gif

p.s. welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #1,194 of 1,335
yep, check the headphone section to see if a headphone upgrade might be a better option than an amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also very sorry about your wallet. And of course, welcome!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #1,195 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by communic
Onix, this mod is a hybrid of one of the other Koss mods but its basically Mack's Hear Plugs cut off at the ends so that they have a nice tight fit over the Koss Plugs. The Hear Plugs are then trimmed down a little so that a EX71 sleeve can slide over on top (again a nice tight fit).

Thanks. You know, you should really post pictures of the whole process if you have the time. Please?

Aug 26, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #1,196 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by hekoman
You really haven't used an H120 if you haven't loaded rockbox on it. It makes the player damn near perfect. Gapless playback OTF playlists, Flac playback, just to name a few. Do yourself a favor and try it out

Yeah, Rockbox is great. But unfortunately the iHP-remote is not supported properly. I use the remote quite often and I don't want to switch to between the firmwares all the time.

Did you try Rockbox? What about the batterylife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back