Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Aug 1, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #1,051 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEp
Well its not that i dont care but i cant realy afford 300 bucks for headphones or amps. and i dont think many 15 year olds can.

you's be suprised how far $40 will go for portable headphones, if you look, and get motivated to do stuff there is money waiting and it doesnt take long to scrounge $40 for some EX71's or $70 for some E2C's. There are also pleny of budget amps aswell as the oh so popular CMOY.

Money is almost always tight for alot of ppl on these boards. take it slow, buy a better pair of headphones to go with you less than perfect CD player until you can save for a better mp3 player or whatever
icon10.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #1,053 of 1,335
Quote:

Well its not that i dont care but i cant realy afford 300 bucks for headphones or amps. and i dont think many 15 year olds can.

I just turned 16, on July 13th, and I had a pair of HD280 pro, now I have in the mail, sr60, HD600w/650 drivers, LDII tube amp, ksc75, and an ipod. I just save, save,save and budget I write everything out. I dont even have a job yet, i will soon though. Money from bday helps as well!
600smile.gif

Aug 2, 2005 at 10:42 AM Post #1,057 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by wwmidia
OUTDOOR - A huge advantage of portables. I've been addicted to carry my rigs and pick up some cds randomly to the beach - only 3 minitues' walk from my house, and lie down for an hour. It's really a way superb experience.

0012as.jpg

0039nz.jpg

Holy ******! I thought I recognised East Sands! Cool... another audiophile in St Andrews... Nice collection of phones you've got there!

I'm a maths postgrad. Enjoying the summer?
cool.gif

Aug 2, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #1,058 of 1,335
Quote:

Im 16 and i have what i considere to be quite a good Audio setup.

First thing to do is decide whether you want any audio stuff. Second step is to earn some money (Fast food is a great place to start, sounds horrible but they do pay).

Decent second hand cMoys can be had for a nice small sum, and a cheap pair of portable headphones arent too hard to come accross.

A pair of Sennheiser px100s can be had for USD$50ish (feel free to correct me). That isnt pocket-change but it should not be too hard to get a hold of.

How many cars do you have in your familly? If 2 ask your parents if you can clean them, charge $5 a car wash and in 5 weeks your there.

Rob.

Aug 2, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #1,060 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzian
iRiver set up in my car, via the free FM transmitter that came with it... can't believe it retails for $50, I miss my tape adapter
tongue.gif

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/4760/deck14pd.jpg

i had that head unit in my car, the stupid thing broke!

it was good, but you can't set the brightness of the backlight so it was like a set of headlights in your face during night time. you had to do the trick where you flip down the face but not remove it so it will keep playing
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #1,061 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by ragemage
Holy ******! I thought I recognised East Sands! Cool... another audiophile in St Andrews... Nice collection of phones you've got there!

I'm a maths postgrad. Enjoying the summer?
cool.gif

ohhh
what a ... cooooincedence

It's a painful holiday to go through the part time - for rigs; and dissertation.
rolleyes.gif

Perhaps we could have a drink together, along the beach and enjoy music. Hope there is nobody say to me the next year 'I know what you did last summer'
blink.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #1,065 of 1,335
PICT5000.JPG
PICT5034.JPG

Will post some pics of my new H320 sometime soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back