Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Jun 6, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #661 of 1,335

Just a "mod" i did, i cut the case so i could use the mini dock. Just need some white thread and it will look professional
orphsmile.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #662 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakets

Just a "mod" i did, i cut the case so i could use the mini dock. Just need some white thread and it will look professional
orphsmile.gif

Wow, "only" 4 cables on the x5 mini dock. What are all of em?

Jun 6, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #663 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Wow, "only" 4 cables on the x5 mini dock. What are all of em?

I believe from left to right, it's the power adapter, usb, line in, and line out. Beautiful player by the way
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 11:49 AM Post #664 of 1,335
I think if my Karma died today (and no IT WON'T!!!), I would get the X5 to replace it.

Jun 8, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #667 of 1,335
This is how I roll:

gba_ms1.jpg

Using the GBA Movie player. "A good and cool device for your GBA." It must be true. That's a direct quote from the sticker!

I'm not serious of course. This thing sounds horrendous. Extremely distorted sound, high noise floor. It's kinda neat though. It can play emulated NES games and movies too. For $25, it's a nice toy.

I'll post pics of my actual setup once my Pocket Amp V2 arrives. Should be any day now!

Jun 8, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #669 of 1,335
I've made some improvements to my portable rig. I completely removed the firewire cable from the connector on the Sik ram din by slowly twisting and pulling on the nub with some needle nose pliers. Looks much better now.

Also picked up a small Samsonite camera bag at Circuit City that works out very well. The interior of the front flap is large enough to hold my 60GB iPod photo with an Agent 18 case. Padding on the bag is also better than my Diesel man purse, which I had been using before.

18128444_8bd6614df4_o.jpg

18128455_ca42a4e5dc_o.jpg

18128473_2009e0099e_o.jpg

Jun 8, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #670 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProleArtThreat
I've made some improvements to my portable rig. I completely removed the firewire cable from the connector on the Sik ram din by slowly twisting and pulling on the nub with some needle nose pliers. Looks much better now.

Also picked up a small Samsonite camera bag at Circuit City that works out very well. The interior of the front flap is large enough to hold my 60GB iPod photo with an Agent 18 case. Padding on the bag is also better than my Diesel man purse, which I had been using before.

It's stunning, I'm very envious. The ONLY way I think you could improve your setup is to shorten the length of your RAM Din and get a remote so you can change songs, pause and change volume without opening up the bag.

ZT. (I may copy you, hee hee).

Jun 8, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #671 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-sides
sennheiser hd497s to ipod, amp soon.

lol some of these rigs could only be considered portable if you hauled around a crate.

how does it sound without an amp? when i connect to itunes my 212, and set the EQ to bass boost, it distorts at like half volume. would an amp UNdistort it and make the bass more present and clearer?

Jun 8, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #672 of 1,335
In iTunes; try turning the "Preamp" bar DOWN by *at least* to the same extent as the max boosted frequency.

Either that, or instead of boosting certain frequencies, REDUCE the others to give you a similar effect.

On the iPod, there is no "Preamp" bar and only presets that BOOST frequencies (how USELESS apple), so you'd have to use MP3Gain to effectively reduce the "Preamp" WITHIN the files to begin with.

If you have MP3Gained your files, you wouldn't have to adjust the Preamp bar in iTunes.

This will make the EQ usable w/out distortion. Its not a lack of power of your computer h/out or the iPod h/out, just a bad EQ implementation, thats all. The HD212 should be able to be driven by most players.

Jun 8, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #673 of 1,335
MP3gained sounds exciting... how do i start the process?

whats this hissing kind of noise in the background?

Jun 8, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #675 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vences5
My portable rig, recommended by Head-fi.com-

Yeah, yeah laugh all you want.
biggrin.gif

Bose Triports? How do they sound? I havent heard very good things about them, but i think they look really nice and also are very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back