Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Jun 9, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #691 of 1,335
Woah...
*speechless*

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #692 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
What's that black iem? Looks pretty sweet.

I believe those are the ultimate ear super.fi 5Pro as seen here
unltimate ears

Jun 9, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #694 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
its the black IEM

Haha...um...not very helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UW Howie
I believe those are the ultimate ear super.fi 5Pro as seen here
unltimate ears

Much better! Thanks a bunch!

Jun 9, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #695 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras
Jmmmmmm Whats the black amp that you have in your pic

Pocketamp v2

And yes, the black IEMs are the superfi 5pro's

Everything in the pic is in my sig, but I'll add it to the post too

Jun 9, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #696 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Pocketamp v2

And yes, the black IEMs are the superfi 5pro's

Everything in the pic is in my sig, but I'll add it to the post too

Jmmmmm! Finally - someone with both e4c's AND the Super.fi5pro's - PLEASE, please can you give me your impressions as to the differences in sound quality. I want to upgrade my e3c's and don't know which way to go.

ZT

Jun 9, 2005 at 10:10 PM Post #697 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
Haha...um...not very helpful.

haha i try.

p.s. how much was your PA2?

Jun 10, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #698 of 1,335
Im just...trying to figure something out here...the sik ram din, is there a reason so many have one? Is the sound quality better then the standard audio out?

Jun 10, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #699 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by MintGreenGoblin
Im just...trying to figure something out here...the sik ram din, is there a reason so many have one? Is the sound quality better then the standard audio out?

Yup!

The only way to get a flat "Line-out" signal from the iPod is from the bottom dock. The Sik Ram Din allows you to add an amp so you're bypassing the built in amp that some say is deficient in the iPod. By using a good external portable amp with the flat line-out sound from the iPod you are geeting a better sound.

ZT

Jun 10, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #700 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackT
Yup!

The only way to get a flat "Line-out" signal from the iPod is from the bottom dock. The Sik Ram Din allows you to add an amp so you're bypassing the built in amp that some say is deficient in the iPod. By using a good external portable amp with the flat line-out sound from the iPod you are geeting a better sound.

ZT

Awesome! thanks for the quick reply...now wheres my wallet...
etysmile.gif

Jun 10, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #702 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
Is there a reason people go for the Sik Ram Din (even going as far as to clip off the FireWire dongle) over the SendStation PocketDock Line Out?

http://www.sendstation.com/

They come in FireWire and USB flavors too.

That to me seems to be the more elegant solution. Just plug in whatever you need, versus having unnecessary cables flopping loose.

They both have their followers:

From what I understand:
RAM DIN:
PROS: A really secure connection
Just one piece terminating with mini plug
No bad reports (as far as I know)
CONS: If you already have a good mini to mini cable you won't be able to use it.

POCKET DOCK:
PROS: Use your existing mini-mini cable
CONS: Early versions had some sort of fuzzy sound issues?
Need a mini-mini cable too.
Not as secure a connection as RAM Din.
Mini-mini cable / plugs can pull out / get loose.

Both good but, in my opinion, RAM a better bet.

Jun 10, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #703 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
Is there a reason people go for the Sik Ram Din (even going as far as to clip off the FireWire dongle) over the SendStation PocketDock Line Out?

http://www.sendstation.com/

They come in FireWire and USB flavors too.

That to me seems to be the more elegant solution. Just plug in whatever you need, versus having unnecessary cables flopping loose.

The pocketdock is larger and doesn't snap in securely. Also, while it lets you use a better mini-mini, those are usually thicker and less pliable. I liked the simplicity of the sik ram din, where you don't have to worry about getting the cables to angle right in your pocket.

Since that picture I've also removed the firewire cable, since I'll never use it.

For ease of use, the sik ram din is definitely the better choice over the pocketdock. The pocketdock (especially the custom moon audio one) might give you the best sound quality, though.

Jun 10, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #704 of 1,335
Good points. I have a PocketDock FW (no line out) and it's secure enough for my needs. No question that a PocketDock with cables connected feels pretty bulky. Personally, I think the ability to connect superior cables isn't a huge selling point given the nature of the Ram Din or the PocketDock. I just like the elegance of the PocketDock.

Have you guys seen Sik products in brick and mortar stores? I have yet to find one and I am curious to try them out too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
The pocketdock is larger and doesn't snap in securely. Also, while it lets you use a better mini-mini, those are usually thicker and less pliable. I liked the simplicity of the sik ram din, where you don't have to worry about getting the cables to angle right in your pocket.

Since that picture I've also removed the firewire cable, since I'll never use it.

For ease of use, the sik ram din is definitely the better choice over the pocketdock. The pocketdock (especially the custom moon audio one) might give you the best sound quality, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back