Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Aug 10, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #1,112 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend
The new HiMD units do have some nice features, but, they're still made of plastic and have sad battery life - maybe the next generation will be decently built and have battery life of atleast 50 hours.

Hmmm....and what of UMDs holding 1.8gb of data? The similarity to Hi-MD discs is uncanny. But if only Sony had kept UMDs like Hi-MD was an update to normal MDs, and open up the format, allowing free transfer of data. They would then have had a true mulitmedia device and a "serious walkman of the 21st century". Yes yes....piracy and all that....I know

Aug 10, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #1,113 of 1,335
eek.gif
Nice cable.

Aug 11, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #1,114 of 1,335
Time for a Cardas recable
tongue.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #1,115 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend
Alas, here is my portable rig - a minority among the HDD DAP users here. But i just can't seem to give up the versatility of MD, maybe I'll upgrade when the next gen of HiMD players roll around. Until then, SP and LP2 will have to do.

here we have the "big traveller" setup.

and what's inside: Sharp IM-MT880, sony MDR-EX81 (i hate them - notice the condition of the cable), extra MD's & battery space, and recording utilities(not all pictured)

and now the "little-ish traveller" setup.

and what's inside, enough room for 2 extra MD's, or 1 MD and battery pack/mic

This setup is a little dated, but aside from the earphones, i still love it. Also, the audio technica case well have enough room to hold a small pimeta ive just ordered the parts for.

Have you ever bought anything from me? Because I used to have a MD exactly like that in almost every way. All the way down to not having a brand on it.

Aug 11, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #1,117 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEp
thieu, that is one very protected zen micro, Iv'e never seen that with an altoids case before.

hehe... I know. I actually got the altoids case idea from here. I got the silicone skin on ebay and after putting it on, I still felt a little uneasy about throwing it in my pocket and whatenot, so the altoid case solves that problem.

But it's like everything new. At first it's your prized posession, and slowly but surely, you learn to just chunk it places (like my cell phone which looks like it's been run over a few times), especially after droping it a couple of times.

I spent good money on my zen and I'm going to keep it looking nice damnit!
lambda.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 9:15 AM Post #1,118 of 1,335
The RS-1's plug was converted to a 3.5mm mini. I'm planning to have the cord shortened to make portable use more convenient.

I put "rubber feet" on both the top and bottom of the SuperMacro-3, as my iPod is often placed on top of the SM3.

PortableRig1.jpg

PortableRig2.jpg

PortableRig3.jpg

Aug 13, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #1,119 of 1,335
Elephas, awesome setup.

Aug 13, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #1,121 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thieu
Hey everyone. This is my first post and here's my "rig". I rarely leave home without it, as it's all I listen to in the car and at work.

The headphones stay at work where I used them the most, so they're not pictured with my stuff but these are them:

MDREX51LPWHI.jpg

and now my trusty companion (pardon the terrible pictures):

phpddhKed_Zen1.jpg

phpcpiZjk_Zen2.jpg

php2WbMLo_Zen3.jpg

phpVwNgDX_Zen4.jpg

php4rN9UJ_Zen5.jpg

phpkGvyQA_Zen6.jpg

phpQdEJmj_Zen7.jpg

Why do you double case your Zen. Dont you think one case is enough

Aug 13, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #1,123 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras
Why do you double case your Zen. Dont you think one case is enough

The skin doesn't cover the important parts, it's not much of a "case".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back