Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Aug 8, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #1,096 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
My actual portable set up. I think, no introduction is needed. Oh, just the re-cabled KSC75’s. It sounds very nice, indeed.
orphsmile.gif

ksc75_2.jpg

wow i have same ipod case and phones!

Aug 8, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #1,097 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
they came out with a gmini402, which can play dvd size movie, wmv and some other upgraded features. i was kinda pissed to when i found that out, but oh well, didnt get any better battery life though.

they come out with new players all the time.... its impossible to have the lastest all the time

Aug 8, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #1,098 of 1,335
Here is all of my gear. Except For my D-9

portables2pl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Headphones
headphones7vk.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Tangled
tangled2gx.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Forgotten D-9
d90aa.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Sorry I can't afford all that top of the line gear and a portable amp.

Aug 8, 2005 at 12:19 PM Post #1,100 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari149
How do you like American McGee's Alice? I see you have the action figure.

I loved it, so I bought the action figure. Problem is, she cannot stand on her own
rolleyes.gif
, so I keep it in the box lol.

MIKEp, 2 of the same actually. G21 is getting sold.. some time in the future. G5 is getting a 30 gig hdd, and will be kept just because it is pretty. G41 is waiting for an 80 gig one to become my main.

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #1,101 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10
My current set-up:

CurrentSetup1.jpg

How do those G series Toshiba sound? I'm considering to get one myself. Still undecided on which DAP to get... My other options are the HD5, X5, and ipod U2.

Aug 9, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #1,102 of 1,335
The sound of the gigabeats is very sony like. Since Toshiba makes DAC chips for Sony HiMD/HDx, I guess, that is to be expected (Not sure abbout current situation, but they did for first gen Hi-MD and HD1/HD3).

Out of the ones you mentionned, I would rule Ipod right out.
-HD5 takes the battery life crown, plus it is replacable (can cary an extra bat. on ya on long trips). Downside is button issue, and the fact that there is NO folder playback (which is why I still dont have an HD5, myself i dont care for buttons).
-X5 would be most versitile I guess, kinda jack of all trades.
-G series, would be bread and water. But very sexy bread and water, plus you sleep better at night knowing there is a good chance that not a soul in a 300 mile radius has one.
blink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #1,103 of 1,335
Interesting info T10, even on this forum it is not so easy to find impressions of these DAPs. My final question will be whether it has a good line-out or not?

I plan to have a complete upgrade of my setup with a new DAP, new head amp and also a new headphone by the end of the year, and it appears that there is no clear winner. They either have good headphone and bad line out or vice versa. That is why the iPod stays as an option albeit the U2 version to get the least bit of exclusivity. Currently, I'm waiting to see if the next gen ipods are any better.

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #1,104 of 1,335
Alas, here is my portable rig - a minority among the HDD DAP users here. But i just can't seem to give up the versatility of MD, maybe I'll upgrade when the next gen of HiMD players roll around. Until then, SP and LP2 will have to do.

here we have the "big traveller" setup.
stage01.jpg

and what's inside: Sharp IM-MT880, sony MDR-EX81 (i hate them - notice the condition of the cable), extra MD's & battery space, and recording utilities(not all pictured)
stage02.jpg

and now the "little-ish traveller" setup.
stage03.jpg

and what's inside, enough room for 2 extra MD's, or 1 MD and battery pack/mic
stage04.jpg

This setup is a little dated, but aside from the earphones, i still love it. Also, the audio technica case well have enough room to hold a small pimeta ive just ordered the parts for.

Aug 10, 2005 at 3:45 PM Post #1,107 of 1,335
Hey everyone. This is my first post and here's my "rig". I rarely leave home without it, as it's all I listen to in the car and at work.

The headphones stay at work where I used them the most, so they're not pictured with my stuff but these are them:

MDREX51LPWHI.jpg

and now my trusty companion (pardon the terrible pictures):

phpddhKed_Zen1.jpg

phpcpiZjk_Zen2.jpg

php2WbMLo_Zen3.jpg

phpVwNgDX_Zen4.jpg

php4rN9UJ_Zen5.jpg

phpkGvyQA_Zen6.jpg

phpQdEJmj_Zen7.jpg

Aug 10, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #1,109 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend
Alas, here is my portable rig - a minority among the HDD DAP users here. But i just can't seem to give up the versatility of MD, maybe I'll upgrade when the next gen of HiMD players roll around. Until then, SP and LP2 will have to do.

stage02.jpg

stage04.jpg
[/CENTER]

This setup is a little dated, but aside from the earphones, i still love it. Also, the audio technica case well have enough room to hold a small pimeta ive just ordered the parts for.

Hey, you're not in the minority.....its just that MD owners can't be bothered posting pics
biggrin.gif
I'm guilty as charged

Aren't the next gen of Hi-MD already out? The OLED clad ones + photo one?

Aug 10, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #1,110 of 1,335
ah, the pencil, it's an "OHTO Super Promecha " - model number "PM-1504S/0.4" i believe i picked it up in TOKYU HANDS; on the stationary/pencils/billlions of stickers floor. Its pretty slick, you can adjust how much graphite gets advanced each click, how tight that graphite is held, and how much pencil tip is exposed. They come in 0.2mm to 0.8mm, mine is 0.4mm. i think i paid around $20 USD, but not more than $30 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back