Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Jul 15, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #976 of 1,335
X51.jpg

X52.jpg

Photoshop makes every photo look 100% classier
tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #977 of 1,335
Recent addition to my portable rig: Ipod Mini 6GB. Went to a Target store, saw the mini, and this article in one of the latest WhatHiFi magazine issues with a faceoff of portable players appeared in my mind like a popup, couldn't resist. According to WhatHiFi, the Ipod Mini offers best sound quality of the units compared in their test, mostly because of AAC. In the pic Shure E3c's and Koss KSC-35's. Also Ipod buds shown, not expecting to like the buds much. Will post some impressions in some other thread after some listening, haven't even installed the software in my computer yet.

1582ipod_mini.jpg

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #978 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Could we get a 1280x1024 version of this?
biggrin.gif

Perfect wallpaper, lol.

Heh, I just set it as my wallpaper the way it was. It's so classic, I couldn't help myself. Hope you don't mind Bangraman

Jul 15, 2005 at 8:18 AM Post #979 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
the cable for the qualia doesnt look very high quality.

You'd be right. I now have 14 Qualia 010 cables in total of varying degrees of seriousness in use (others include lamp cord, etc), with more on the way. This has ended up being actually one of the serious ones, and it's litz cable lifted from a free Sony earphone. It was put together as a half joke to begin with, but in listening tests, it's turned out to be as good (or as bad?) as the Moon Audio Black Dragon... although not as revealing as the stock cable, and more practical as it can be bunched up far more easily. So I've taken to using it instead of the Black Dragon.

I'm also having a different portable cable built which will be definitely higher quality while being more flexible / more practical than the Black Dragon. But maybe oddly, since I like the sound of the 'crappo flexo cable' / Black Dragon for portable use, I have my reservations about replacing it with a better cable. So far out of the two attempts to date I have not liked the results.

If I shot the picture with the original cable and a Grado 1/4 - 1/6 converter, that would probably have been funnier
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Korean
bangra. how many portable players do u actualy have?

I haven't counted them recently. A ridiculous amount for sure.

Jul 16, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #980 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Hires pic?

The player is wearing it's "case".

Must you rub it in, bangraman? Your big headphones. Your small players. Your even smaller wallet...
tongue.gif
j/k .

Jul 23, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #984 of 1,335
Oh I forgot this thread when posted an individual one...

I'm not a professional nor serious amateur in photography. Please show your mercy and don't use critical eyes. Thx

This afternoon I got some cues and got an hour and half to do these photoes. Bad or not, I feel quite happy with them, and would be happy as well to share with you.

Sony MDR-E888
I don't like to repeat clicking in the same stage but the 888 is kinda star
dscf00171gg.jpg

dscf00160xh.jpg

ATH-EM7
Beautiful under sunshine
dscf00093qx.jpg

E2c
looks like dewdrops on leaf, sounds as well
dscf00254lf.jpg

Er4p
a stump is quite a match to this profound IEM
dscf00150ti.jpg

Grado sr60s
dscf00207ed.jpg

Sony MZ-NH1
The first one is a failure due to my hesitation between distant- and close- range view.
dscf00079pt.jpg

dscf00080jj.jpg

Sony D-90
Slopy white cat and black somber machine against the wall
dscf00135nc.jpg

Sony D-J50
Same failure as the first NH1 photo
dscf00122ly.jpg

Sony D-350
My good work, solid metal feeling and far-reaching structure
dscf00215dt.jpg

Supermacro 3
the first one was taken for the rabbits
dscf00199mv.jpg

dscf00229bw.jpg

Jul 23, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #986 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by wwmidia

I'm not a professional nor serious amateur in photography. Please show your mercy and don't use critical eyes. Thx

This afternoon I got some cues and got an hour and half to do these photoes. Bad or not, I feel quite happy with them, and would be happy as well to share with you.

Cool images - it is actually nice to see good audio being used outdoors, kind of like OLN meets Head-Fi

Jul 23, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #989 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by wwmidia

Very nice pics; i really like them!!

Jul 23, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #990 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Cool images - it is actually nice to see good audio being used outdoors, kind of like OLN meets Head-Fi

OUTDOOR - A huge advantage of portables. I've been addicted to carry my rigs and pick up some cds randomly to the beach - only 3 minitues' walk from my house, and lie down for an hour. It's really a way superb experience.

0012as.jpg

0039nz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back