tumblr_lekn1gnjnv1qz4flvo1_500.jpg

image.php

images

helsinki-opener.jpg

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #95 of 136
Quote:
smile.gif
 I think I never will stop finding extreme horns peculiar.... ​

In the first picture there you can see even bigger horns, just off to the left and right.

The last pic is a classic photo of the Intonarumori invented by Russolo. They aren't speakers, they're instruments. Move the handles (seen on some of them) and make rumbles, groans, fingernails-on-blackboard screeches, and so on. "He designed and constructed a number of noise-generating devices called Intonarumori and assembled a noise orchestra to perform with them. A performance of his Gran Concerto Futuristico (1917) was met with strong disapproval and violence from the audience, as Russolo himself had predicted." The Futurists were, in a way, the trolls of the arts world, deliberately picking fights on grounds that the general public was too stupid and complacent to understand them. There's been new interest in Intonarumori in recent years and people have been building them based on plans and descriptions. Check YouTube.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #96 of 136

Quote:

Haha, I love this one! I wonder if it was carved from a single solid piece... (not likely, but awesome if it were)

Quote:
 The Futurists were, in a way, the trolls of the arts world, deliberately picking fights on grounds that the general public was too stupid and complacent to understand them. There's been new interest in Intonarumori in recent years and people have been building them based on plans and descriptions. Check YouTube.

Hmm, and nowadays we've got people hanging rotting animal carcasses from trees and calling it art. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #98 of 136

Saw this on Gizmodo too... http://gizmodo.com/5864130/people-people-invisible-speaker-lets-your-rooms-decor-show-through
And since i don't think anyone has posted it yet...

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #99 of 136
Dec 22, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #103 of 136

As you can see, i check Giz as much as i do Head-fi. And Giz also loves peculiar audio. http://gizmodo.com/5870519/thanks-to-star-wars-people-can-make-money-selling-wads-of-hair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back