Pictures of disassembled Sony XBA-1
Jul 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Head-Fier
Just for the poeple that want to recable their XBA-1's.
To disassemble them just heat them up with a heatgun then take off the cap on the back with your nail and thats it.

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 6
I cringed a bit at the heatgun-part.
As long as it works :D

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Yeah, the heatgun I had was set at 350 celsius. So I blew at the outer housing with it for 10-20 seconds and then pried off the cap on the back with my fingernail. Desoldered the original cable and you're done. I really hate the original cable on these because they're worn J-style which is very annoying for me. I will post pictures when I'm done recabling it. Still waiting to receive my wires (Viablue EPC-1)

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 6
the right side of my xba1i is having intermittent connection issues. I guess this is due to a lose wiring inside somewhere.

is it easy to open it up and fix it?
I don't really have any tools ...

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 6
  the right side of my xba1i is having intermittent connection issues. I guess this is due to a lose wiring inside somewhere.

is it easy to open it up and fix it?
I don't really have any tools ...

You'll need a soldering iron and ideally a heat gun. If you don't have a heat gun you might be able to use a hair dryer instead.

Also, is the connection problem in the actual earpiece or the plug? Most IEMs seem to fail just where the cable meets the jack. See if wiggling the cable there affects the sound output.

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #6 of 6
  You'll need a soldering iron and ideally a heat gun. If you don't have a heat gun you might be able to use a hair dryer instead.

Also, is the connection problem in the actual earpiece or the plug? Most IEMs seem to fail just where the cable meets the jack. See if wiggling the cable there affects the sound output.

if i wiggle where the cable meets the earpiece, then i can sometime hear sound from it.
heat gun? does it mean its stuck together with glue or does the heat expands the parts and make it detachable from the physical hooks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back