PICTURES: My headphone gear, including DIY amps
Aug 16, 2002 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

slindeman

500+ Head-Fier
I've borrowed my brother's digital camera, so I had to snap pictures of all my headphone stuff to share with all of you.

My main headphone system

HomeSystem.jpg

My work system, including DIY cmoy w/ buffer output stage

WorkSystem_1.jpg

WorkSystem_2.jpg

Cmoy.jpg

My portable system, including DIY META42

PortableSystem1.jpg

PortableSystem2.jpg

Closeup pics of my recently finished META42

Meta42_2.jpg

Meta42_4.jpg

Another DIY amp, a portable "47"

47_1.jpg

I'd imagine this is fairly rare

Stein.jpg

Aug 16, 2002 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 11
Very impressive.

Those DIY's are quite "beauteous"!

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2002 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 11
slinderman, Thanks for the pics...i always enjoy seeing other Head-fi members rigs...some day i'd like to get a Corda amp to compare with my old model Max amp...i see you have a Headroom mug...how did you aquire that?...i have two of the big Head-fi mugs one of which my mother has snagged to use as a weight to keep a pot cover sealed when she's cooking brown rice!...at least it gets daily use...the other sits on my collection shelf...
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 11
Most impressive.

I mean the Head-Stein of course...
tongue.gif

Very cute portable amps.
(And you knew it was coming...)
howbigarethey?

Aug 16, 2002 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 11
very nice pics! I like how your rig is setup and plus, your freaking pc desk is so clean! LOL.

What kind of digicam did you use?

Aug 17, 2002 at 5:41 AM Post #10 of 11
Naw, that looks more like a cambridge cdp
smily_headphones1.gif
but hard to tell coz of all that light.

Aug 17, 2002 at 5:43 AM Post #11 of 11
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Quote:

i see you have a Headroom mug...how did you aquire that?...

Todd gave it to me at the recent WOH tour

Quote:

i have two of the big Head-fi mugs one of which my mother has snagged to use as a weight to keep a pot cover sealed when she's cooking brown rice!...at least it gets daily use...the other sits on my collection shelf...

lol, you could use it as a weapon too, I've put a few dents in the hallway walls at work just by swinging it around lightly as I walk to and from meetings.

Quote:

howbigarethey?

They're both in the taller Serpac portable cases, roughly 5" long, 2.75" wide, and a little more than an inch tall. They fit fine in the Headroom airbag and still allow me to board mount the potentiometer on the META42 board which is a big bonus. Probably bigger than you were looking for though.

Quote:

I like how your rig is setup and plus, your freaking pc desk is so clean! LOL.

lol, that's barely half my desk, there's a reason the other half isn't in the picture.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

is that what that white/sliver cd player is in the 1st pic?

The silver is a Cambridge Audio D500SE, the 63SE is the black one.

I'll give super bonus points to anyone that can name the group and title of the bluish-gray cd with yellow and white lettering that is the 18th CD from the left on the second row of CDs in my first picture. The name of the CD (a remix album) also happens to be the name of their first song released in 1995. The group is from Bristol and have recently done a far-out remix (I don't know if its been released) of Coldplay's 'Yellow' which includes a sample of the 'London Bridge is Falling Down' tune from a child's playtoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back