Pictures from your country during the epidemic
Mar 31, 2020 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

gimmeheadroom

Headphoneus Supremus
1585677316994.png

What I like about this picture is it shows how important beer is in Czech Republic. It is a country with thousands of breweries and tens of thousands of pubs. Beer production is an important part of the economy. I read because of the crisis 500 small breweries could fail. This would be terrible, it would affect the lives of many Czechs who work in the beer brewing business at all levels. Let's hope and pray the epidemic will halt quickly.

https://www.novinky.cz/domaci/clane...te-si-je-vyzyva-projekt-zachran-pivo-40319122

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 95
Try to stay on topic! The thread only just started :wink:

Apr 16, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #7 of 95
When I go out for food shopping, I wear synthetic gloves. Instead of using hand sanitizer I spray my gloved hands with Lysol hydrogen peroxide spray when I return to my car. This way I can conserve my limited hand sanitizer supply.

I clean my cloth face mask with soap and water and then I put it in the microwave for one minute. It comes out steaming hot which will easily kill any virus.

I also put a small hanker-chief in my face mask. That way get an extra layer of protection.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #8 of 95
When I go out for food shopping, I wear synthetic gloves. Instead of using hand sanitizer I spray my gloved hands with Lysol hydrogen peroxide spray when I return to my car. This way I can conserve my limited hand sanitizer supply.

I clean my cloth face mask with soap and water and then I put it in the microwave for one minute. It comes out steaming hot which will easily kill any virus.

I also put a small hanker-chief in my face mask. That way get an extra layer of protection.
Personally, I find gloves quite useless. You can cross-contaminate with gloves. Our phones are especially dangerous (probably one of the most filthiest item we all have). Just like our hands, they should be consistantly disinfected. I find it more useful to wash hands before and after whatever activity that causes you to get in contact.

The virus can survive hours on surfaces they do not get absorbed like smooth surfaces.

DIY fabric masks do not have as small micro-pores as the N95, etc.. to block out the micron sized droplets effectively, but it's better protection than nothing. If you are in areas near others, definately wear any mask protect you got!

COVID-19 is not well known by medical professionals, and there are cases of healthy young individuals getting in serious conditions to be in ICUs. Given the lack of knowledge we currently we have, it's best to be most cautious. It may not always be the case about young individuals with good immune systems if healthy young individuals can get put in serious conditions.

Personally, I don't want to risk putting myself into a condition where my lungs are perminately messed up!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #9 of 95
Personally, I find gloves quite useless. You can cross-contaminate with gloves. Our phones are especially dangerous (probably one of the most filthiest item we all have).

I totally agree. Gloves can be dangerous if you’re not careful. The main advantage with gloves is that I don’t have to use hand sanitizers. I spray with Lysol that I keep in my car.

Cell phones: I agree that cell phones are bad even if you have gloves. I never bring my cell phone. I write down my shopping list on a piece of paper and it never goes in my pocket once I enter the supermarket

After I remove my gloves, I still wash my hands anyway because you’re right. Gloves are not 100%.

Apr 16, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #10 of 95
But one minor advantage with gloves is that it may prevent the virus from entering under your finger nails.

Also, I’ve been wearing medical goggles too to protect my eyes. And I just recently got a face shield too. I’ll be testing my new face shield on my next supermarket visit.

Apr 16, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 95
I totally agree. Gloves can be dangerous if you’re not careful. The main advantage with gloves is that I don’t have to use hand sanitizers. I spray with Lysol that I keep in my car.

Cell phones: I agree that cell phones are bad even if you have gloves. I never bring my cell phone. I write down my shopping list on a piece of paper and it never goes in my pocket once I enter the supermarket

After I remove my gloves, I still wash my hands anyway because you’re right. Gloves are not 100%.
This is an idea I had when not using gloves, but if you had to touch door-knobs, etc.. I would use number of socks, and rotate it every use so that if there was a virus, time would get rid of it. I would assume the fabric would absorb and rid of the virus quicker. You can also put the socks you use on the dryer bunch at a time, and cook the virus.

From what I heard, we can put the mask in the oven at 160F for 30min to kill the virus. I don't know what temp the mask deteriorates however.

But one minor advantage with gloves is that it may prevent the virus from entering under your finger nails.

Also, I’ve been wearing medical goggles too to protect my eyes. And I just recently got a face shield too. I’ll be testing my new face shield on my next supermarket visit.
Yes, eyes must be protected. If somebody shoots out micro-droplets in your direction and you only have mask on, your eyes will certainly get it. Eyes and Nose receptors are the access to the respiratory system.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #12 of 95
This is an idea I had when not using gloves, but if you had to touch door-knobs, etc.. I would use number of socks, and rotate it every use so that if there was a virus, time would get rid of it. I would assume the fabric would absorb and rid of the virus quicker. You can also put the socks

Socks are a good idea. When I go to the gas station I use a plastic bag as my “glove” to use the gas pump. I then throw the bag in the back seat of my car and won’t use it again for at least 3 days since the virus dies after 48-72 hours on plastic material.

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #13 of 95
1587128717496.png

1587128757216.png

Apr 18, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #15 of 95
A0813FCE-2E71-47EA-A54E-768A3801DF4E.jpeg
18DEEB05-4FD2-46EC-9AEE-9A636CA82B9E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back