[Pictorial Review] Sleek Audio SA6
Mar 17, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comfort-wise, the SA6 is also far ahead of the super.fi 5 Pro for me, as it feels less bulky and intrusive and maintains its seal much more readily.

Yeah... that reminded me to put in two thing that I forgot to mention: the tips and the cable.... added
redface.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #17 of 32
Thanks for such a great review! Also, thanks for the link to the other review, which I found reassuring of the quality/value of these IEMs. Mine should arrive on Wednesday and I can't wait!

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard that the logo rubs off after awhile, and that just irks me (the same reason why I didn't buy a Yuin earbud 'phone yet). So personally that would be a suggestion I would say for future production runs of the SA6.

FWIW, my logos are all perfectly intact so far and I use them nearly everyday and I just stuff them in my pocket on-the-go.

Mar 17, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #20 of 32
Clie, if it's not too much trouble, could you post a pic of what they look like in your ears with the cord going down and over the ear? I'm very curious to know.

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clie, if it's not too much trouble, could you post a pic of what they look like in your ears with the cord going down and over the ear? I'm very curious to know.

Regular wearing, Upside down waring, over-the-ear wearing.
e1_resize.jpg
e2_resize.jpg
e3_resize.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ioXt_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a very nice review! Thank you!

I might buy it until the Westone 3s come out.

ClieOS: What do you suggest for the iRiver Clix 2? Treble + & Bass +?

T+/B+ or T=/B+ both work well. I am using CustomEQ so generally I use T+/B+.

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW, my logos are all perfectly intact so far and I use them nearly everyday and I just stuff them in my pocket on-the-go.

I wish mine were as intact as yours! On each side I have about 50% logo left... they're definitely wearing. I am now trying to not touch the black sides of the earphone body- instead I am trying to handle them on the metallic finish area. I don't fiddle with them anymore since I've settled for good on the bass + / treble + setup, and medium eartips work best.

Also, my cable separated at the Y junction. I just got the replacement in from Sleek today (unbelievably responsive and quick resolution from Sleek).... ah the beauty of a removable cable, it's a quick fix instead of having to scrap your whole set of earphones. Hopefully these are not ongoing issues, and my set is a rarity.

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #25 of 32
Thank you clie. One more question. Would you say that these are similar in size to the ety's (b/c I have larger ears than you)?

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you clie. One more question. Would you say that these are similar in size to the ety's (b/c I have larger ears than you)?

I'll say they are roughly the same size.

Mar 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #27 of 32
DSCF0007_resize.jpg

[Update] Using a small soldering iron, I burnt a small hole (1mm deep) on the cable head and painted the blue/red indicator color for L/R channel. Now it looks better than ever.

Mar 24, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #28 of 32
hows the wires? are they flexible or somewhat stiff?

Mar 24, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #29 of 32
Nothing special about the wire. They are about the same as your regular iBud wire.

One thing worth noting though, I notice that cable noise only comes from the Y junction up to the IEM itself. Noise from below tend not to be transmitted by the wire.

Mar 24, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #30 of 32
ClieOS, since you have both the Yuin PK1 and the Sleek Audio SA6, could you compare the two? I know they are different physical designs (earbud vs. IEMs), but I'm dying to know
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back