Pics pls: Westone ES2 or UE custom cable on Triple.fi
Oct 14, 2008 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Hanafuda

500+ Head-Fier
I just scanned through the "Triple.fi 10 recable" thread and saw many recommendations for using either the Westone ES2 cable or the UE Custom cable on the Triple.fi. I am using the Super.fi 5 Pro which almost certainly uses the same cable as the Triple.fi, so it was a valuable read for me - I absolutely despise the stiff, kinky cable but I love my Super.fi 5 Pro. But some photos would be extremely helpful ... please!? I'd really appreciate seeing how the Westone ES2 and UE Custom cables look installed on a Super.fi or Triple.fi. One thing I've always been impressed by is that even though the Super.fi cable itself really sucks, the connection of the cable into the socket on the Super.fi 5 housing is very good. I would like to know if using the Westone or UE custom cables results in a secure fit.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #4 of 11
Thanks fellas. Based on what I'm seeing, I think I'm gonna stick with my stock cable on the SF5Pro. I mostly use them for walking anyway, not serious listening. A 'lays right' cable would be a big plus, but if I stop coiling them into that little case they don't get that bad anyway.

It's real easy to let yourself get nickel and dimed over this stuff. Earlier today I was looking at this nifty Audio-Technica hardshell zipper case at audiocubes that would be perfect for my ATH-ES7. All I have now is a cloth bag. But for $30?!? I need those simoleans for other things.

Oct 15, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 11
UE Custom cable of tf10

IMAGE_023.jpg

Oct 15, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkkopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE Custom cable of tf10

IMAGE_023.jpg

i just got the custom cable and it is tough to push in and i dont want to push to hard. i can see the pins area smidgen thicker than the stock cable. UE says the custom cable doesnt fit.

how hard did you have to push yours in to fit?

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #8 of 11
UE custom cable on triple .fi's= worst decision ever. The sound quality goes to HELL and the thicker pins on the custom cable stretch out the holes on the monitors. Then what you will do is switch back to the stock cables, which will fit very loosely now that youve reemed them out with the custom cable. I keep saying it and people keep not listening.

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE custom cable on triple .fi's= worst decision ever. The sound quality goes to HELL and the thicker pins on the custom cable stretch out the holes on the monitors. Then what you will do is switch back to the stock cables, which will fit very loosely now that youve reemed them out with the custom cable. I keep saying it and people keep not listening.

Thanks for the heads up man. I wasn't really planning on getting a UE Custom cable as a replacement but I'll spread the word.

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #10 of 11
After filing down an ES2 cable to fit the tf10s and comparing on my laptop with two output jacks (stock cable on one side, ES2 on the other side), there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in SQ between the two cables. As long as you file down the ES2 pins and don't permanently "ream" the sockets of the tf10s, I don't see any reason not to switch to the more flexible ES2 cable for convenience.

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up man. I wasn't really planning on getting a UE Custom cable as a replacement but I'll spread the word.

This heads up was given over a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back