Pics of UE customs
Mar 24, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #106 of 129
They redid mine due to fit issues (Thanks again guys, you rock!) and I got to pick a new color. I chose blood/plasma red with a touch of black in them and black cables. Here's my portable rig:

UE_1web.jpg

Mar 24, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #108 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by fp581 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't understand 1 thing do you need to send them the mold before u buy or u buy them and they are sending u to a special place that molds your ears?

? any1?

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #110 of 129
@ fp581: Typically, you go to an audiologist who makes the impression for your ears and those get sent to UE.

These customs threads are bad.
They tempt me to eat only bread for as long as it takes to save up.

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #113 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They redid mine due to fit issues (Thanks again guys, you rock!) and I got to pick a new color. I chose blood/plasma red with a touch of black in them and black cables. Here's my portable rig:

UE_1web.jpg

Aaron, those are freaking gorgeous, man! Congrats
waytogo.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #114 of 129
@fp581

Just contact Brad Jensen of UE. He'll be happy to answer all your individual questions. Don't forget to say Head-Fi sent you.
wink.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #116 of 129
Quote:

UE_1web.jpg

I saw this over the weekend and sent off an email to UE within 5 minutes. I heard back from this early today - my UE5c's had not been started and I was able to change my order to this color. thanks!!!!!

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #117 of 129
Quote:

UE_1web.jpg

FYI, UE calls these "motley red". I emailed them this picture and they said this is Motley Red. I am getting mine in this color and I will have them on Firday. They ship overnight on Thursday.

UE's customer service has been great during this, Guitar Center (where I actually made the order) has been nothing but a pain in everyone's rear. More on that when I get them and do the review.

Aug 15, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #119 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom10167 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha open this thread and all I'm thinking "Why did I even get those E500s?"

drooooooooooooool

you probly got the e500 for the same reason as me,i got the se530 because they are much cheaper and offer almost as good if not as good sound quality as the customs,maybe only overshadowed only by the 10's which i personally havnt tried,but i do have ue5c and i prefer the sound of shure se530 with nice black foams,the reason the customs cost alot more are because they are custom not because of major sound quality differences,i am not slagging customs tho they are fantastic and look superb in the ears well done to everyone that went the extra mile for customs!!! lovin some of them designs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back