Pics of my new headphone amp
May 10, 2010 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jodet

1000+ Head-Fier
I got my Sound Quest SQ84-V2 Friday.   It's a very nice step up from the original SQ84.  Two inputs, an impedance selector for the speaker outputs, remote control, 15 vs 10 wpc output.   The styling is much nicer also, I like the black cage over the transformers, and it's shorter but wider.   I think the contrast of the blond wood with the silver knobs and black tube-cage is very nice. 

Sound is spectacular both with headphones and as an integrated.  I've barely begun to burn it in but I'm VERY impressed.   Tube compliment is a pair of 6U8's and a quad of 6V6's.  I love the 6V6, it's dynamic and extended but has a great midrange.   Is used in a lot of guitar amps.   And doesn't cost a fortune either, which is nice. 

May 10, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 8
VERY nice looking amp!  The 6V6 is a nice sounding tube!  Would love to see that amp with the coke-bottle-shapped 6V6G's
L3000.gif

May 10, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
VERY nice looking amp!  The 6V6 is a nice sounding tube!  Would love to see that amp with the coke-bottle-shapped 6V6G's
L3000.gif

I'm glad you like it - you encouraged me to buy it!   I PM'd you about tube amps and you told me to take the plunge, so I did.  I still love my Blue Circle SBH, but this is spectacular sound coming from this amp!  

Jun 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #6 of 8
Looks great, which other headphones beside the denons you have? 

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #8 of 8
I've owned both D5K's and D7K's in the past.    

I broke down and got a pair of HD800's. 

The HD800 is a huge step up across the board and sounds wonderful with this amp. 

Last night I used my Rogue Perseus Magnum as a pre into the Sound Quest....WOW.   Pretty spectacular. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back