Pico DAC/AMP or Pico DAC + protector?
Apr 10, 2010 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BoxBoxBox

Aka: AndrewG
I want to get a PROTECTOR but without sacrificing the DAC quality of pico.

So should I sell pico DAC/AMP and get a DAC only, and then connect to protector, to hear balanced?

Or just stick with the ease of pico DAC/AMP? which would be a bigger improvement?

Or do I not even need DAC and having a balanced PROTECTOR alone out of MAC sound better than pico DAC/AMP?

whew!

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 8
Wait what? You are using a portable DAC/AMP with a MAC? How come you don't buy a proper desktop DAC and desktop AMP?

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 8
Oh ok. The Pico DAC and Protector would be a much better setup I believe. As long as you are going to go balanced that is...If not, I wouldn't worry about buying the protector as of now.

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh ok. The Pico DAC and Protector would be a much better setup I believe.

Can i Ask you why you believe so ??
I would stay with your Pico DAC/Amp, you would get a slightly different sound with the Protector, but doesn't mean it will be better, just different. Pico internat amp have the same specs as Protector. Pico have a more neutral sound signature, Protector colors the music a little bit.
Balanced became a trend I see here on head-fi, it's really too overhyped...

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #6 of 8
Well if he doesn't like it, he could easily re-sell it here, as many people want it I believe. He could give balanced a go anyway to see if he likes it.

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pico DAC and Protector

That would also be my guess but I have no experience to back it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back