Pico and Jumbo Ipod Doc Compatability
Jan 8, 2008 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

barmar46

100+ Head-Fier
I just ordered my Pico amp/dac today. I'm about to buy an AOL Jumbo Cyro Dock for my ipod into said Pico. Is their any compatibility problem given the Jumboness of said Dock (I almost posted on Cable forum but I thought folks would have most familiarity w/Pico on amp forum.)

Jan 8, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 5
Never saw a Pico in person, but i don't think that should be a problem. The jacks looks, from the pics, far enought from each other to acommodate both the ALO Jumbo Cryo dock connector and the phone connector ...

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 5
A headfier here (StevenKelby) using DIY imod LOD, which terminated with mini stereo Canare F12 plug, which used in ALO Cryo Jumbo dock.
Reportedly no problem.

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm in exactly the same boat, but I'm not worried about it. The jumbo cryo dock is only slightly wider than most other iPod line out cables at the 1/8'' connector. I think the "jumbo" refers mostly to the thicker (18 for the jumbo vs. 22 for the standard, I believe) wire used.

Jan 9, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #5 of 5
i have the ALO Super Cotton Dock that uses the same Canare plug too. The connector is pretty big so sometimes its a hassle to try to turn the volume knob since the knob is small and smooth, so its hard to get a good grip. I just have to squeeze with my fingers more than usual to grip it tightly so its a very minor thing and doesnt stop me from enjoying the Pico.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back