Pickering CD 3+3 Headphones - Any Information?
Jan 29, 2014 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

aczuprynski

New Head-Fier
So I just bought these off ebay because they were just too interesting to pass up, but I cannot find any information about them anywhere what-so-ever. Just looking for any input from anybody that may have ever seen, or heard, or know anything about these.

It says that they use three drivers per side, with a basic crossover, and it would appear that two of the drivers are opened and one is sealed. It also says it uses samarium cobalt drivers, which I believe is a close cousin to neodymium magnets.

They will be ariving around Tuesday of next week so I will update this post with some impressions (although I am just getting into this area and I don't have a whole lot to compare to).

Some pics from the auction page (they look to be in great shape).

731780736_o.jpg

731780777_o.jpg

731780806_o.jpg

Feb 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 8
So i just got the headphones and I started listening to them this morning.

Initial impressions are they are smaller and lighter than I thought they were. I was expecting over the ear, but they are actually on ear. The construction leaves a bit to be desired, but they have a very interesting look to them. Since they are so light these might be a good pair of on the go headphones for someone who wants a uniquely different pair.

As for the sound, I don't know how good of a judge I am but I think they sound pretty good. They are lacking a bit of power in the deepest range, but this only seems to be noticable on electronic tracks. I won't get down in the weeds describing the sounds further (because I only have one thing to compare to), but they are enjoyable to listen too.

As for comfort they are not my cup of tea. I can't wear on ear headphones for very long before the start to get uncomfortable. They headphones are really light so that actually helps out quite a bit.

At this point I think I might try to make some modifications if I decide to keep these. Either finding some over the ear pads that fit, or trying to get the drivers into a donor body.

However I feel kinda bad doing that to a pair that seems to be incredibly rare. I can't find any mention of these anywhere else on the web. So I think I might just hold on to them for a bit and see if any collector types are interested in these first.

So shoot me a PM if your interested, and I will repost these in the appropriate location.

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #5 of 8
Are you able to disassemble it easily? I'm really curious to see the innards of it.

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Aw that's too bad. Hopefully it was someone from this forum who bought them and takes some pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back