Picked up the Shure SE-115 today...
May 13, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's good to hear the new Shures have a different signature than the rest. Although they are keeping their bass, they are looking at the Tripple.fis for guidance with increased treble.

I highly doubt Shure made a mistake with the Shure SE530's treble. They purposely tuned it that way. If Shure was worried about the treble output of the Shure SE530's....after 3 1/2 years you think they would have allowed the SE530's to be their flagship IEM?

May 14, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually waiting on the E2c comparison before I consider buying these for various purposes (mainly as gifts), since I know what E2c's sound like (well, before I sold them). I actually preferred the E2c sound to the SE210, so if 115 did a few things to improve on that signature then that would be pretty good.

I have both. E2C sounds thinner, less warmth, less bass, more forward midrange. To be honest, I was never a fan of E2C as they seem rolled off at both ends of the spectrum. E2C are just not very compelling. SE115 is more interesting and more fun. Ergonomics, isolation and fit are also better with SE115 due to smaller, less angular shape. Finally, SE115 uses standard Shure/Ety/Westone tip size.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #18 of 18
Picked up the Shure SE-115 yesterday... and returned it today. After reading some positive opinions I was expecting something decent and ended up severely underwhelmed. This is a rather average/dull sounding IEM and there are much better options < €100 IMO. The €15 Soundmagic PL30 trounces it. Worst of all, I can't remember *ever* coming across an IEM with smaller soundstage than the SE-115. I decided that burning in wasn't worth the hassle and sent it back. Just my 2c...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back