Picked up a brand new (unopened package) Sony D211 Portable on Ebay
Dec 12, 2005 at 8:32 AM Post #46 of 54
My Sony D-211 that was bought from eBay as brand new is still working fine after eight months. How is yours holding?

I bought three D-211s myself (yeah, I stole them all) as brand new. I hope all three of them, including the one I am using right now, will get me through my whole life til death. I'm only 21 years old.

Dec 12, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #47 of 54
I think i wrote about it in a different thread. Sadly my 211 stopped working very quickly after receiving it.. lens related problem i'm sure.. it just stutters the spin up and then turns off
frown.gif

Be careful out there with this old stock!!!

Dec 13, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbobuk
I think i wrote about it in a different thread. Sadly my 211 stopped working very quickly after receiving it.. lens related problem i'm sure.. it just stutters the spin up and then turns off
frown.gif

You can get it repaired.

Jan 30, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbobuk
frown.gif

Sorry to bump an old thread, but, try checking the focus bias and focus gain. I've encountered several players now where this was an issue with respect to reading CDs.

Sorry if this advice doesn't work. I'm just trying to help :/

Jan 30, 2006 at 8:41 AM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by waltchan
You can get it repaired.

Is there a reputable place that offers mail-in service that can do these repairs?

I've had little luck finding places that will do these repairs.

Most of the time, the repair require parts that Sony no longer stocks.

Any input would be appreciated.

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #54 of 54
There's nothing that great about the D-211 that makes it worth remotely anywhere near $1500. That idiot is trying to get uninformed vintage PCDP buyers to fall for his auction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back