Physical Differences between Hd600 and Hd650?
Mar 8, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 22
Aesthetically, the HD650 is bearable, while the HD600 has this butt-ugly, el cheapo marble finish. Visually, I find them both... erm... not very pleasing.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 22
Different cable, different voice coil for sure. Different paint job. Headband, pads, grills, diaphragm are both exactly the same I believe.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #8 of 22
I think the look of the HD 600 is beyond words of how awful that faux marble look is, but I'm pushing those feelings down in order to enjoy the sound of my incoming HD 600 anyway.
wink.gif

IMO, until you get a high mid-fi setup, you should re-consider purchasing a HD 650. It really needs authoratative power behind it to sound like liquid dark chocolate.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the look of the HD 600 is beyond words of how awful that faux marble look is, but I'm pushing those feelings down in order to enjoy the sound of my incoming HD 600 anyway.
wink.gif

IMO, until you get a high mid-fi setup, you should re-consider purchasing a HD 650. It really needs authoratative power behind it to sound like liquid dark chocolate.
smily_headphones1.gif

i was thinking to buy the HD650 now..wait for a month or so save up some more cash and then buy the Meier Cantate to juice this. ive not heard much about the cantate but it works on my budget atm. either that or if i can get more money probably the Dacmagic and a 340A amp from cambridge. in the meantime i was going to use the 650s with my 5.1 Home theatre system. I suppose that should have enough juice in it to run this monster.

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Different cable, different voice coil for sure. Different paint job. Headband, pads, grills, diaphragm are both exactly the same I believe.

I think the grills are actually different. Remember reading something that said that the 650s used a different grill because kept denting the 600s grills.

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Menisk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the grills are actually different. Remember reading something that said that the 650s used a different grill because kept denting the 600s grills.

Yeah, grills are different on the 650, though you can still dent em... They use different headband pads as well--650 has a single pad with an indentation in the middle; the HD600 headband has 4 small pads in a row in it. The cables are different, but look basically the same.

IMO the HD600 are pretty freaking ugly... that marble/splotchy paint makes me shudder.
HD 650:
sennheiser-hd-650.jpg

HD600:
sennheiser_hd600.jpg

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #13 of 22
Seriously? I find the hd650 to look BORING, I greatly prefer the hd600 marble look. It's old school and unique!

Have any of you ever had the membranes apart from the driver for the hd600/650 to spot differences??

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably just me, but I really like the look of both HD650/600

Nope, not just you. I love the black glossy look of the 650s. The 595s aint bad either, but theres something about the glossy black on the 650 that just screams badass

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously? I find the hd650 to look BORING, I greatly prefer the hd600 marble look. It's old school and unique!

Have any of you ever had the membranes apart from the driver for the hd600/650 to spot differences??

hows build quality of the 650s? i hear the paint can sometimes chip and stuff. i can be clumsy sometimes and my headphones break easy as well. well mostly the wires stuff up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back