Photography Enthusiasts, Post Your Best Picture Here !
Jul 6, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #76 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
War of the Worlds

lava.jpg
[/CENTER]

This is one of the nicest pictures I have ever seen.

Jul 6, 2005 at 10:48 AM Post #77 of 122
Very exciting stuff! Unfortunately I'm on dial-up, being home from college. I haven't been able to see any of Captain's images, actually
frown.gif

For those who shoot film (especially black and white), how many of you do your own darkroom work? For everyone altogether, how many of you end up getting your pictures printed 8x10 or larger?

Wish I had a scanner, though I don't have any pictures I'd pick at the moment. Been pretty happy using a Pentax Spotmatic and an Olympus Stylus Epic (35mm 1:2.8). The Stylus is a pretty recent purchase and I'm, at turns, excited and wary of the more spontaneous approach to photography, having gotten into the hobby by way of the first camera.

Hope to see more.

Jul 6, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #78 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift
OMG!!! Is your dog chewing up tissue paper (though it's a bit shiny) in the 2nd photo? My dog loves stealing tissue/napkins and destroying/eating them completely.

The vet says she's a Maltese mix, about 3 years old.

Actually in that picture he's just finished his review of a research paper I wrote, apparently he didn't like it much. I made the mistake of leaving it on the couch while I went out for a bit. Luckily he doesn't eat the paper, he just loves to shred it, his favorite toy is the cardboard tube at the end of a roll of paper towels!

Jul 6, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #79 of 122
Quote:

Recent photos...

My dog
21850703_7e586bf881_o.jpg

actually, this one looks like a Maltese, and yours that you rescued I don't know. I have a maltese, but he is major overweight, like 25 lbs.

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #80 of 122
Reflections on a building in Ipswich, England

and one from my recent trip to Paris

All done on a basic HP Photosmart 735.

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #81 of 122
here is another shot. please tell me what you think
IMG_0557.jpg

Jul 7, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #82 of 122
I can't compete with some of the beautiful shots already posted but I will share a couple from my recent honeymoon, especially sine there are no tropical shots posted yet!

This is the deck area of a bar called The Tackle Box - Ambergris Caye, Belize
honeymoon074.jpg

This was the view from our bungalow porch
honeymoon041.jpg

Both photos taken with a Sony Cybershot DSC-T7

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #85 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
here is another shot. please tell me what you think
IMG_0557.jpg

A couple drops of dew + sharper focus on the petals = killer photo.
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #87 of 122
Quote:

A couple drops of dew + sharper focus on the petals = killer photo.
wink.gif

thanks. i know focus is a little bit off. when i took the pic, it seemed fine so i didnt retake it.

Jul 7, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #88 of 122
Taken at the National Aboriginal Day in Vancouver. This native indian is performing some traditional dance. In the midst of fixing his headdress.

Shot with Leica M6 + 35mm pre-ASPH Summicron on Agfa APX 400 EI 800, developed in Ilford DD-X.

21592467_5dfb99838e_b.jpg

Jul 7, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #89 of 122
I'm shooting film; I particularly like using Ilford FP4+ as well as Kodak Tri-X 400. The ilford has a fantastic looking grain characteristics and the tri-x has wonderful tonality. Ilford Pan-F is good for fine grain. I'm doing all the developing and enlarging in the darkroom myself, very often enlarging 8x10 and beyond, usually preferring to use 11x14 and 16x20 once in a while.

All of the pictures are taken with a Contax SLR, and fabulous Carl Zeiss lenses.

All of these pictures here are not scans; they are all photographs of large size prints I made and mounted on mat board. That's why they aren't rectilinear. I'm thinking about buying a good quality film scanner - i'm losing a lot of dynamic range without a proper scanner.

y1.jpg

y2.jpg

y3.jpg

y4.jpg

y5.jpg

y6.jpg

y7.jpg

y8.jpg

Jul 7, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #90 of 122
the first two were shot with the Canon G6

bb.jpg

Shutter Speed 1/400sec