Photography Enthusiasts, Post Your Best Picture Here !
Jul 5, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #46 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain
The Contax G2 is such a good camera, the lenses are seconded to none and give Leica a real run for the money.

Thought Carl Zeiss lenses were also seconded to none. Used to have a Yashica T4 years ago, excellent little camera with a Zeiss little lens. Unfortunately I lost the Yashica at the Miami airport.

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #47 of 122
Edit

Nevermind. Googled the answer. I need to get some better lenses.

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #49 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Thought Carl Zeiss lenses were also seconded to none. Used to have a Yashica T4 years ago, excellent little camera with a Zeiss little lens. Unfortunately I lost the Yashica at the Miami airport.

The Contax lenses are Carl Zeiss, are Carl new his stuff
cool.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #50 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain
The Contax lenses are Carl Zeiss, are Carl new his stuff
cool.gif

Ah no wonder, thought you referred to "Contax lenses" as if they were another brand/manufacturer.

Jul 5, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #52 of 122
DSC04290.jpg

Taken at the NY Botanical Gardens in Bronx, NY.

The camera i used is a Sony MVC-CD200. The only thing i did was resize the picture, but saved it at highest quality setting in photoshop. I used manual settings, so the exposure was probably set to +0.7. ISO is set to Auto, macro function enabled to ease focus
redface.gif

Here's a few more:

DSC04342.jpg

This came out totally by accident, lol. I was just sitting around at my gf's apartment and i had some spare change on the table. Her cat, Panda, took an interest to that clinking, clanking sound and start knocking coins off with her paw. I definitely used manual for this shot with macro enabled, but i cannot recall any other settings

DSC04330.jpg

Panda in all her glory. Shot with flash.

DSC04316.jpg

Also taken at the NY botanical gardens. Same as the last pic of the flower in regards to settings, iirc.

If anyone is interested in the original pics, let me know. I'll post more if y'all interested
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #54 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
DSC04330.jpg

Panda in all her glory. Shot with flash.

Heh. Did you get a shot of her right afterwards when she tried to claw you to death for blinding her like that?

Jul 5, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #56 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
Nice photos!Thanks for sharing. What kind of equipment do you guys use?

my kit includes
Canon 1D
Canon 580EX Flash
Canon 17-40 f4L
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 70-200 f4L

Jul 5, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #57 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Okay, two more.

Close Encounters

tower.jpg

War of the Worlds

lava.jpg

Incredibly overwhelming pictures. Really really great.

Jul 5, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #59 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Personally I'd turn the date stamp off, if you want to know when it was taken check the EXIF data.

good point, what's EXIF data?

strohmie, nope, she was very calm. In fact, i'm not 100% sure if i did use the flash.

edit: I did use the flash, but i also stood a few feet away and used the optical zoom.

Jul 5, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #60 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
That's like $10k in 1 hand !

goes to show you its not the equipment that makes the photographer lol
frown.gif

but at leasy my (usually) crappy pictures are (usually) sharp... and i can get into press sections of events just by having it over my shoulder and my white lens on it... pretending like im supposed to be there lol
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back