Photography Enthusiasts, Post Your Best Picture Here !
Jul 5, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #61 of 122
Some black and white landscapes

grassy.jpg

montansspain.jpg

Man.jpg

Jul 5, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #62 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
good point, what's EXIF data?

All digital photos contain info about the image, EXIF data usually gives you time, date, camera model, lens setting, f stop & shutter speed, ISO, and loads of other useful info. There are various ways to access the EXIF data, what image processing software do you use?

Edit: here's an easy way to see EXIF in Win XP. Locate the image file on your hard drive, right click on it and select properties, click the summary tab, then click advanced. The EXIF data should be present, note some image processing software strips the EXIF data, so always save the original file.

Edit2: Here's a compact utility that adds an EXIF viewer to the right click menu in IE. Useful for viewing EXIF data on images all over the web (as long as the image contains EXIF that is).

http://ak.no-ip.com/EXIF/index_en.htm

Jul 6, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #63 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
All digital photos contain info about the image, EXIF data usually gives you time, date, camera model, lens setting, f stop & shutter speed, ISO, and loads of other useful info. There are various ways to access the EXIF data, what image processing software do you use?

Edit: here's an easy way to see EXIF in Win XP. Locate the image file on your hard drive, right click on it and select properties, click the summary tab, then click advanced. The EXIF data should be present, note some image processing software strips the EXIF data, so always save the original file.

Edit2: Here's a compact utility that adds an EXIF viewer to the right click menu in IE. Useful for viewing EXIF data on images all over the web (as long as the image contains EXIF that is).

http://ak.no-ip.com/EXIF/index_en.htm

Awesome! Thanks for the info, i went and checked it out and its all there! Thanks again bro
cool.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #64 of 122
Most of my pictures seem to have vanished. I found a box (boxes, actually) full of case after case of prints. Yeesh. 99/100 are crap, too.

Anyway, found these on a DVD laying around. I took them about a year ago, I think. Head-Fi member eric343 very generously offered to scan the negatives in, as he has some super whazoo setup. 120+ MB apiece is what I got back. Around the 12MP range, 16 bit TIFF. Lovely; lovely. Here's a couple of the better ones. Suprisingly, most of the roll wasn't too bad, IMO.

All pictures were shot with a Canon Rebel 2000 SLR, on Fuji Superia Reala 100, using a Canon 28-80mm for the first, and a Tamron 75-300mm for the rest. Photoshopping was done to a varying extent. For some, I merely resized them, and perhaps removed an errant hair or speck of dust. Others got some fairly heavy color treatment. However, I try to remain true to the original scene. I don't go in for wild, neon-esque colors. Things should pop, but just so. On with the show.

Yes, it's a bit blueish. Save As Web in Photoshop apparently messes with your color settings. And I don't care enough to launch it again and fix it.

rockLeaves.jpg

This is my personal favorite. I'm considering getting a gonzo sized print and framing it. Very simple, just a log chain in some damp straw. My only beef is that I wish I had the whole of the hook in focus. Perhaps some more fiddling can fix that. But I still like it.

chainStraw.jpg

A closeup of a hole in a post. What more can be said?

postHole.jpg

This is actually a water fountain. Looks interesting shot from below, I thought. And yes, that rock in the forefront is naturally lighter. Personally, I wish all of 'em were like that, but ah well.

rockPile.jpg

Jul 6, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #65 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain
Some black and white landscapes....

Captain, you got skills! I hardly ever shoot B&W, for no good reason other than I'm lazy. It'd be safe to say that I find your work inspiring.

Thanks for sharing.

Nate

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #66 of 122
wow, just one? well, how about... one color and one black and white
tongue.gif

PB270016.jpg

not many people find this all that amazing... but i like it cus i think its super symbolic of my lifestyle

P4080011.jpg

i've kinda become addicted to this photo, as i use it on the opening page for my site (http://www.mile72.com)

P4050162.jpg

okay so maybe a third

blessingx... your photos are AMAZING, i think i might have to invest in more infrared stuff

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #67 of 122
BTW ... thanks for the kind comments on my cat Simba's picture.

More :

post.jpg

Data:

Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot A95
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/500
Av (Aperture Value) 5.6
ISO Speed 50
Focal Length 13.6mm

------------------------------------------------------------------

winterplants.jpg

Data:

Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot A95
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/500
Av (Aperture Value) 5.6
ISO Speed 50
Focal Length 13.6mm

-------------------------------------------------------

flwr2.jpg

Data:

??? ... too lazy to look up.
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #68 of 122
these are one of my best pics. all taken with Canon SD300. i am getting Canon S2 soon. i'll have more pics from my trip to Miami tomorow.
IMG_0064.jpg

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #70 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain
The Contax G2 is such a good camera, the lenses are seconded to none and give Leica a real run for the money. The Biogon 21mm has got to be my favourite lens of all time.

Pity that Kyocera discontinued its Contax production. A digital camera with G2 lens compability would've been a great choice.

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #71 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpburton5150
okay so maybe a third

Excellent photo. Captain and thefinder, great pics as well, I really like them.

Here is one I took at the Trevi Fountain in Rome recently with my new Canon SD200
img05051nw.jpg

...And here's one my girlfriend and I took of one of Don Quixote's windmills in Consuegra, Spain
img06412ld.jpg

Jul 6, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #72 of 122
Recent photos...

My dog
21850703_7e586bf881_o.jpg

An MP3 player
21036054_a439f6bde2_o.jpg

Wreck Beach sunset at UBC
21036053_17c6c5d6fc_o.jpg

Rose in my backyard
21844392_f9663d1032_o.jpg

ATH-EW9
21837507_4c3ae49392_o.jpg

Jul 6, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #73 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift
Recent photos...

My dog
21850703_7e586bf881_o.jpg

Wow, your dog looks exactly like ours.
eek.gif

18074721.jpg

24178800.jpg

What do you know about him/her? We rescued ours and the vets can't seem to tell us what breed(s) he is.

Jul 6, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #74 of 122
OMG!!! Is your dog chewing up tissue paper (though it's a bit shiny) in the 2nd photo? My dog loves stealing tissue/napkins and destroying/eating them completely.

The vet says she's a Maltese mix, about 3 years old.

Jul 6, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #75 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Captain, you got skills! I hardly ever shoot B&W, for no good reason other than I'm lazy. It'd be safe to say that I find your work inspiring.

Thanks for sharing.

Nate

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefinder
Pity that Kyocera discontinued its Contax production. A digital camera with G2 lens compability would've been a great choice.

I was waiting for a digital G camera body, their was talk of it happening. When I heared they were stopping production I then looked at the Canon 20D. A great loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back