Photo of 50,000 galaxies
Mar 7, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #16 of 38
Nice! The downloadspeed for the 200mb JPEG is incredible! Goes with over 1mb/s for me.

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #18 of 38
These images make me wonder if other extraterestrials have any such hobby like Head-Fi ???

icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #19 of 38
I just ordered my first Headphone from Nebulon, its the Quasar 2500 with new drivers made out of plutonito. Heard you have to run them like 3 years to fully break them in. It you want to find the store I ordered them from its in galaxy number 21,332. Give em a call they had them for only 46 clamdaks!

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
There are probably more than one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Typical galaxies range from dwarfs with as few as ten million stars up to giants with one trillion stars, all orbiting a common center of mass. Galaxies can also contain many multiple star systems, star clusters, and various interstellar clouds.

1j.jpg

2j.jpg

3j.jpg

4j.jpg

5j.jpg

Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky. It is more than 1000 light years away.

It's a good thing that I'm the center of my universe, otherwise I'd feel awfully small.

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #22 of 38
Wow... those pictures are amazing. Man even if Antares is 1000 light years away, do you think with its massive size that some of the temperature we get comes from it?

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... those pictures are amazing. Man even if Antares is 1000 light years away, do you think with its massive size that some of the temperature we get comes from it?

Antares is not that hot, and is of much lower density than the sun. A big red cosmic souffle, if you prefer.

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow thanks for the comparison pix mbriant

x2. Those pictures must be a little old though, I saw a Pluto in there
wink.gif
. Perhaps the Earth has grown in size since they were last rendered
tongue.gif

It's unbelievable that the Earth isn't even close to a pixel compared to Antares; amazing stuff!

Mar 9, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #26 of 38
I can't open the TIFF. I'm so sad.
frown.gif

AUGH! Photoshop died on me, so did Preview, Safari quit in fear...

EDIT: iPhoto is slowly chewing through the image... I hope it perserveres.

Mar 9, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #28 of 38
Shhh Voltron. 12 Galaxies has him enough freaked out. Man I remember when his territory was Oakland, in the pre-SF days. Didn't realize he had a bar named after him.
wink.gif

151572158_860c53f82d.jpg

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very impressive. I gaze upon such majesty and wonder how many other little critters like us are out there...

Yeah; me too.

Our computers and other good stuff use zeros and ones. We're coded in Gs and As and Ts and Cs, I wonder what the other little critters use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back