Phonitor Mini
Mar 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Tablix

100+ Head-Fier
Cant give you much more than a few links but his has just been announced at Musikmesse :

http://spl.info/de/home/blog/article/phonitor-mini-ist-hier.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG-2U7AdsTw

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #4 of 26
I want a review and comparison of the mini and the phonitor 2. Anyone out there?

I contacted SPL USA about a week ago and the mini still has not been release for sale yet in the states. They are taking pre-orders but I am not aware of any review models being out there yet... let alone one being sold in the US, I am not sure about anywhere else in the world.

Peace OOK

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 26
I contacted SPL USA about a week ago and the mini still has not been release for sale yet in the states. They are taking pre-orders but I am not aware of any review models being out there yet... let alone one being sold in the US, I am not sure about anywhere else in the world.

Peace OOK

Oh good, glad someone did. I was busy and forgot to email them. Did they mention an ETA?

Dec 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #10 of 26
Anyone? 
popcorn.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #11 of 26
I think phonitor mini is great little amp, very precise and balanced. It performed well with all the headphones that I have tried with (AKG K812, Philips Fidelio X1, Denon AH-D 600, NVX XPT100, Sennheiser Momentum, Beyerdynamic T5p; sorry all the headphones I have and I can borrow are low imp headphone.)  My intention of purchasing phonitor mini is using it to pair with my AKG K812, I want to say that it even does a better job than Lehmann Linear. 

Only thing I want to complain about is that there are 4 arrays of small holes on the sides of body for heat dissipation; it create higher chance for small particles drop into amp and damage electric components. I have 2 cats that like to jump on my table and couch around my DACs and Amps, I always afraid that the hairs of cats will get into my phonitor mini and destroy it. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #12 of 26
Thanks for your reply! 

What are your thoughts on the crossfeed/angle features? do you use them? You find the amp to be neutral, are the highs never bright? How about the mids and bass?

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #13 of 26
I feel crossfeed function makes no significant differences to the sound. I like angle function, when you set angle at larger degree you can actually feel the sound stage is wider. 
This amp is very neutral and well balanced. As an monitoring amp, phonitor mini is a all rounder; its highs, mids, bass are all approximately even. Personally, I think the highs are fine, mids are great, and bass has surprisingly slightly more impact than you expect. 

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #15 of 26
Anyone else recently try one of these?  I've been looking for that speaker like experience.  Looks like this is just the Phonitor 2, but with less inputs/outputs and adjustments.  Seems to be able to drive anything greatly.  I ordered one and I'll see how it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back