Phone with DAP features....also 4.4mm balanced out?
Jan 2, 2022 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

OCC7N

Headphoneus Supremus
I need a DAP that can work as a phone also. 4.4mm output would be a longshot, but does this exist?

I have looked at many DAPs but it is important I can accept call(sim)

Jan 2, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 18
the Onkyo Granbeat looked great......something like that would be awesome in 2022 :)

Jan 2, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 18
I thought you meant available now, sorry. Did it have 4.4mm balanced?

Jan 2, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 18
I need a DAP that can work as a phone also. 4.4mm output would be a longshot, but does this exist?

I have looked at many DAPs but it is important I can accept call(sim)
To my knowledge it doesn't exist and even if it did exist, it wouldn't be around for long. Phone manufacturers are moving away from headphone jacks in favor of TWS.

Get a DAP and a smart watch that can make and receive phone calls.

Jan 2, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 18
I thought you meant available now, sorry. Did it have 4.4mm balanced?
I think 3.5mm is ok actually. I dont think 4.4mm will be a reality.

To my knowledge it doesn't exist and even if it did exist, it wouldn't be around for long. Phone manufacturers are moving away from headphone jacks in favor of TWS.

Get a DAP and a smart watch that can make and receive phone calls.
Where will I receive this call. All in a smartwatch?...

Jan 2, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #7 of 18
maybe it is possible to pair/sync a DAP with a phone, so I can receive calls through the DAP(from phone BT)

Jan 2, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #8 of 18
Where will I receive this call. All in a smartwatch?...
Yes. My Apple watch can place and receive calls, send and receive text messages and on a limited basis deliver news and play or control music.

Jan 2, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #9 of 18
maybe it is possible to pair/sync a DAP with a phone, so I can receive calls through the DAP(from phone BT)
Why do you want to receive calls from your DAP?

If you want to do something like that, then use a BT Dongle like ifi Go Blu. It will be Bluetooth from your smartphone to the Go Blu, then you have an IEM with a microphone cable and you can take calls.

You can also do something similar with the UTWS3 or 5. I think the 5 has ambient sound which is a great feature.

Jan 2, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #10 of 18
If you want a good Music Player and phone all in one then get one of the LG from V30 onwards. Should still be able to buy a refurb.

You originally said 4.4mm balanced on a phone which I'm sure has never happened.

Jan 2, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #11 of 18
I think I go with a DAP then :)....no syncing with the phone or what so ever.

Which DAP will you recommend under 2000 dollars?

It must be able to drive ARYA planar

Jan 2, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #12 of 18
I will let others advise. Only had sub 700 DAPs myself.

Jan 2, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #13 of 18
If you want a good Music Player and phone all in one then get one of the LG from V30 onwards. Should still be able to buy a refurb.

You originally said 4.4mm balanced on a phone which I'm sure has never happened.
LG terminated its phone business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back