Phone Fi
Aug 24, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #47 of 423
Does anyone know how good the sound quality of the HTC HD2 is? Would it compare to say.. A Cowon S9? I really want to get the HD2 but I want to know about how good the sound quality is so I know whether I should just dump my S9 in the dusty drawer so it can be forgotten.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #48 of 423
Picked up a new Nokia E52 yesterday, since the Sony Ericsson G502s battery died.
Takes a bit to get used to the new menu layout, but so far I am well pleased with it.
bigsmile_face.gif

nokia_e52_black_1.jpg

Aug 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #49 of 423
I have had a Nokia E71 for the last 2 years. I love it, it does everything I need it to. Since the platform is about to die, I will switch to an android phone as soon as my contract is over.

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #50 of 423
Just got a new phone. An LG EnV Touch.

DSCF3344-550x412.jpg

DSCF3330-550x412.jpg

I like it so far. I like it a lot.
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #52 of 423
As of last week, I own an Epic 4G. 

Epic4G18.jpg

Pity about the SQ and battery life, but the super AMOLED screen's succulent and, most importantly, the keyboard's deliciously resistant.  The Epic has the best keyboard, in fact, of any phone I've ever used in my life.  This mini-chiclet is cadenza- and novel-worthy.

I quite liked the iPhone 4 but knew the reception would be questionable in NYC. Besides, I wanted a keyboard.  I'll be picking up a retinal Touch 32GB in a few months' time.

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #53 of 423
I've gone through many phones, however each time I've remained an Android loyalist. :)

First I had the HTC Magic, then a Nexus One - but because the Nexus had touchscreen issues I sold it and went for an HTC Aria. The Aria is a great size and has fantastic touchscreen response. Plus it has better sound quality with my Triple.fis than the Nexus One did. On the Nexus, bass was nonexistent.

So to timeline this for you:

>>

HTC Magic                                                               Nexus One                                                                      HTC Aria

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #54 of 423

Nokia E72. I can't believe I was able to get this decent picture out of a Sony DSC-W150, I guess settings do really matter. Anyways on the phone. It has an AMAZING keyboard, the second best keyboard on a candy bar style phone, only beaten by the Blackberry Bold 9000. The 5 mega-pixel camera shoots great stills and pretty mediocre video. The 600 MHz processor makes it really snappy and with the new software update it's even faster than before. It has dual microphones for noise cancellation. The loud speaker is mono and pretty bad, but thankfully it has a 3.5mm head-jack. You can charge it from either the micro-usb port or the standard Nokia port. It is VERY durable. I've dropped it a few times from a pretty high distance onto tile floors and it only has a few scuffs. I can't comment on it as a DAP, but my Cowon S9 and iM-590s should be here any day now. I'll make sure to comment on the differences. The amp outputs more power than the PSP at least. It also accepts micro-SD cards. This phone basically has almost every feature under the sun. I'm very happy with it. 

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #55 of 423
iPhone 4 32GB+ALO LOD+RSA SR-71a+HD650=600 pound impractical portable rig. But it sure is fun!

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #58 of 423

Quote:

Epic4G18.jpg

Pity about the SQ and battery life, but the super AMOLED screen's succulent and, most importantly, the keyboard's deliciously resistant.  The Epic has the best keyboard, in fact, of any phone I've ever used in my life.  This mini-chiclet is cadenza- and novel-worthy.

I quite liked the iPhone 4 but knew the reception would be questionable in NYC. Besides, I wanted a keyboard.  I'll be picking up a retinal Touch 32GB in a few months' time.

Nice. i have the evo and i want to sell it for a couple reasons and one of those reasons is the lack of a physical keyboard.  i had the storm 1 and storm 2 and said id never get touch screen again... then the evo came out.  its an awesome phone, i just need a physical keyboard. back to blackberry for me.

Sep 10, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #59 of 423

Quote:

Epic4G18.jpg

Nice to see you, Scrypt! So I take it you're liking the phone overall? That keyboard sounds fantastic, I've always been disappointed by the keyboard on my Motorola Droid, but I appreciate the stock android and sheer amount of customization that the Droid allows.

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #60 of 423
I've just sold iPhone 3GS few days ago and today I get the Galaxy S. The screen is amazing, touch response is on the level of iPhone, the virtual keyboard is actually better than on iPhone and Swype absolutely rocks. Also, Android is an amazing OS. I wasn't convinced to try it but now I know I made a good choice. Swype crashes a lot, though, not sure why. I haven't tried the player inside, as I've got exams tomorrow. Will do that as soon as I come back. Also, can't wait to get Froyo! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back