Phone Fi
Oct 11, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #77 of 423
I´ve been extremely happy with my HTC Desire. It´s my first non-Nokia phone, and I´ll just say I´ve moved to Android for good
smily_headphones1.gif
It´s more like a mini-laptop, so much stuff can be done with it. Read Head-Fi for example daily via Desire :)

Oct 15, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #79 of 423
i have a rooted and highly modified HTC Incredible. sound quality with my current hacking is outstanding. i now have an EQ and dsp room effects on it. love this phone. sounds perfect with my Brainwavz M2's.

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #82 of 423

Quote:
What app are you using?

DSP Manager is the app i use for the EQ and crossfeed/room effects. it's not quite as simple as just installing an app though. you need to be rooted so you can also replace a file in the /system/lib directory as well. the app does nothing without that file replaced.

i also ripped out a file from the leaked Desire HD rom that makes my volume louder and just makes things sound better overall. i tried the Desire HD port on my Incredible and immediately noticed louder and improved sound. the rom wasn't exactly stable though, so i researched and tried to find out which file i needed to transplant from the Desire rom to my current stable rom and had no luck doing so. one night i went through the Desire Rom and just took anything out that looked like it might control audio and i lucked out and got it to work. i have no idea which file it was though that actually made this work since i replaced probably about a dozen or so files all at once.

the sound is much improved with the EQ, crossfeed, room effects, and whichever file did the trick from the Desire HD rom. altogether it really made a huge difference and was a fun process along the way. i went from no EQ or any adjustments at all and the volume being just barely loud enough, to having a 5 band EQ with DSP effects and plenty of volume to spare. it was well worth the effort. such a good match to my M2's.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 6, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #83 of 423
Just took a look around a Verizon store (where I have dumbphone service). My mother's phone (same as mine) is about to die and she decided she wanted a smart phone for easier texting, and better screen. We looked at several phones, and the touch screen keyboards just won't work for her with fingernails so I think she's decided if we go with Verizon to get the Droid 2, which meant any phone the same price or less would be free for me. I've been using an iPod Touch 4G I just bought 2 months ago so I went around the store looking at the screens and how fluid the scrolling and such was. There wasn't a phone in the store I would even put in the same league with the retina display or the processing power to scroll smoothly as the iPhone or iPod Touch. The only phone that was even close was the Droid X, which would be the phone I'd choose if we go with Verizon. Her getting the Droid 2 makes the Droid X $50 cheaper, so not bad. The family plans are pretty decent and the data has an unlimited option (instead of maxing at 2GB like AT&T). I was very disappointed with the Droid 2, Droid Incredible and Samsung Captivate.

We're going to a Sprint store tomorrow to see how their plans and phones compare. I'll be looking at the HTC Evo 4G, Samsung Epic 4G, and HTC Hero.

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #84 of 423
Just got the HTC desire Z after selling the Samsung Omnia 2. So far this phone has been more than a phone too me since ijust recently lost my desktop.  I keep getting surprised at what this pocket machine can do.
Done the whole rooting and security off thing and installed apps upon apps for my daily needs until i get my laptop.

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #85 of 423
HTC HD2 aka the "God" phone
Running Winmo 6.5 & Android and very soon WM7

Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone know how good the sound quality of the HTC HD2 is? Would it compare to say.. A Cowon S9? I really want to get the HD2 but I want to know about how good the sound quality is so I know whether I should just dump my S9 in the dusty drawer so it can be forgotten.

I have an HTC HD2 and it is a movie machine.  When I compare sound quality to my old shuffle, 5.5g ipod, 1g nano, zen touch, muvo, and x-fi2...listening to music on the HD2 sounds akin to listening to a $5 FM radio if you could remove the static...it really is gawd awful and thankfully I didn't buy it for it's music playback capabilities.  I have seen rave reviews of HTC phones, in regards to music playback, and it makes me wonder if my unit is defective or if there is some kind of plug in or application that I am unaware of.

That is really strange, are you refering to the audio the loud speaker puts out? or just in general?
I've had mine since May and the sound is fantastic through my UE's. i use the stock sense player for mp3's
with the audiobooster set to "Dance", and Coreplayer whenever i listen to flac.

Dec 8, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #87 of 423

Purchased a second-hand iphone 4, incredible device, though I haven't tried the "phone" aspects yet.The internal hardware is perfectly adequate for multitasking, my old 3G would struggle with just the ipod and browser in simultaneous use. With the 4, slowdown/lag is minimal if at all. Video playback is fairly good, though I wouldn't recommend the phone for anyone prioritizing Youtube/Vevo viewing. (The compatibility just pales compared to an actual computer) On the bright side, standard definition YT/Vevo videos can be easily ripped, and work perfectly with the iphone's in-built player without needing to transcode. I still believe IOS to have the best casual web browser due to things like great text re-flow and (in the 4's case) the high resolution IPS display. Even the smallest text is legible, meaning less zooming for us young'uns. (Though my personal device has a dead pixel, which is more an annoyance than anything) Website compatibility is an issue, luckily most of the ones I frequent work fine.  

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #88 of 423
^ Nice. Sorry about that seller ripping you off. That was just wrong :p
Still using my (now, admittedly in poor condition) blackberry 9000. I think I'd go into shock if I had to switch to any thing else!

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #89 of 423
Sprint Epic(Samsung Galaxy S)
Very happy with the phone. I had the Touch Pro 1, Touch Pro 2, and an iPhone.

Dec 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #90 of 423
okay.
im pretty impressed with my 5800XM
it can drive the HD650 until decent volume,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back