Phonak Audeo?
Jun 21, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #2,268 of 2,281
looks like the green filter just attanuate the mid and high even more. not sure if i will be happy with that.

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #2,269 of 2,281
Quote:
looks like the green filter just attanuate the mid and high even more. not sure if i will be happy with that.

It might look a lot in the graph, but it takes an average of 10dB difference for normal human to register a double / half in volume.

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #2,270 of 2,281
yes, have the same drivers. This sunds very good, better like black filters. sound is warm and fun, without sparklu hihg like in black filters (on ipod touch). With my sony nwz e443 is more muddy.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #2,271 of 2,281
I got a pair of 112's today, and am listening to them right now. My initial impression is that it has great detail throughout the whole frequency range and is very balanced with the default grey filters. really 'studio monitor' sounding.

With the black filters the sound changes quite alot; all parts of the music sound warmer and there is more bass. It sounds a little like my HD 650's, really liking it.

Will be sure to post some further impressions after some more listening.
smile_phones.gif

Neil.

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #2,272 of 2,281
I have the DBA-02 and the PFE Perfect Bass (along with the TF10), and I want something directly between them!  It seems the black filters may be perfect for me.  Is anyone willing to sell me 1 pair of the black filters to try?  PLEASE!

P.S.  These are so extremely comfortable!

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #2,273 of 2,281

Quote:
I have the DBA-02 and the PFE Perfect Bass (along with the TF10), and I want something directly between them!  It seems the black filters may be perfect for me.  Is anyone willing to sell me 1 pair of the black filters to try?  PLEASE!

P.S.  These are so extremely comfortable!

You can buy filters from Phonak, I think.  I bought more tips and plastic ear-thingies from them.

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #2,275 of 2,281
Hey head-fi'ers. I'm considering the Phonak Perfect Bass. Do you think they are suitable for Classical or have too much bass...or the wrong kind of bass? Are they only to be worn over-ear style? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #2,276 of 2,281
The bass itself is not really an issue with the green filters, but the mid/treble sound very muffled even compared to the black filters. The latter offer a great compromise IMO. They're both musical and detailed, and sound great with pretty much everything.

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #2,277 of 2,281
Thanks for the heads up.

My cable has hardened quite a lot.  On the right phone it has cracked and the copper wire is showing (in part because I stopped using the ear guides, but they kept falling off and thus I lost one.  Maybe I'll clean the cables in future...).  I bought mine getting on for two years ago, perhaps I can persuade them to send me a replacement.

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #2,278 of 2,281
I bought my 112 black in March 2009.  The cables have since hardened and left side cracked.  I sent it back to the shop and they in turn got Phonak to replace it for me under warranty. 

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up.

My cable has hardened quite a lot.  On the right phone it has cracked and the copper wire is showing (in part because I stopped using the ear guides, but they kept falling off and thus I lost one.  Maybe I'll clean the cables in future...).  I bought mine getting on for two years ago, perhaps I can persuade them to send me a replacement.

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #2,279 of 2,281

Quote:
I bought my 112 black in March 2009.  The cables have since hardened and left side cracked.  I sent it back to the shop and they in turn got Phonak to replace it for me under warranty. 

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up.

yup.  same thing just happened to me this morning.  the wires had hardened quite a bit, which had actually helped stay on over the ears since i lost the guides, but they cracked so i am getting them replaced under warranty.  i really wish they would send me a pack of the green filters with my new phones, though that's probably not going to happen
triportsad.gif
.   i also ordered a pair of the turbines and i really want to compare the pfe with green filters and the turbines. 

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #2,280 of 2,281
You have two years of warranty and Phonak does promise to replace all IEM with crack cable and casing, you should be well covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back