Phonak Audeo?
Mar 14, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #2,116 of 2,281
Here's one way to improve Phonak's bass response (and fit, and overall sound stage, and details, and clarity...), without adding any additional components to your chain:

PhonakCustoms2.jpg

PhonakCustoms.jpg

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #2,122 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@koven: It's at the local audiologist division of a nationwide optic chain. It cost $12.50 for everything
biggrin.gif

$12.50
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

thats cheap

Mar 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #2,123 of 2,281
Yes I'm really liking these little pfk, it's just a nice change from the ie8 sound- which is excellent also. Listening through the little 8 dollar fiio E3 they sound wonderfully clear and balanced. I like the comply with these, seems to improve the bass. I can see myself likeing the t4 and then lusting for a d10.

The trick is to quit while you're ahead. I'm like bond in that respect, never quite learned that
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #2,124 of 2,281
Just finished listening to some tracks with the T4 and the PFEs, via the Clip (silicone tips, black filters) and yes, I agree that it's a nice change from the IE8s and W3s (both excellent), with the focus on crisp mids and highs, with just the right amount of accurate bass. I used the bass boost on the T4, and also a very little bass EQ nudge on the Clip, and they sound fantastic. I realize that the PFEs aren't universally loved, but with the right setup/settings, they perform way above their price.

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #2,125 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's one way to improve Phonak's bass response (and fit, and overall sound stage, and details, and clarity...), without adding any additional components to your chain:

PhonakCustoms2.jpg

PhonakCustoms.jpg

Looks like genitalia to me - I'm not putting that in my ears!
ph34r.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #2,126 of 2,281
I'm hearing a lot of negatives about the qc of the pfe. Would you recommend I cancel my because so many people have sent thier's back? Or do you think they'll be ok when they are shipped out? I just ordered on Friday...

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #2,127 of 2,281
I haven't had problems with mine; and while it seems they recently had a few escape with a dead left channel I am supposing they should have that sorted fairly soon - and the customer service is good. I'd probably keep the order and use the return period or warrantee should they not be up to expected standards.

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #2,128 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm hearing a lot of negatives about the qc of the pfe. Would you recommend I cancel my because so many people have sent thier's back? Or do you think they'll be ok when they are shipped out? I just ordered on Friday...

Perhaps you will be more fortunate than I was. The left device was DOA. I guess you won't know until they arrive.

The failure rate is either 100% or 0%... yours will either work or they won't when they arrive.

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #2,129 of 2,281
Quote:

Mine were fine. People are being awfully female about them...sheesh, folks. If they show up defective, send them back for a new pair. If the left channel dies within a few months (or whatever), send them back for a new pair.

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #2,130 of 2,281
Quote:

Mine were defective but I have to say, they overnighted a new pair to me with return shipping. That's some good customer service, so I think you'll be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back