Phonak Audeo?
Feb 6, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #916 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iBasso T4 with grey filters, Nuforce Icon Mobile with black filters in the PFE.

Would a little Fiio amp push the pfe's I ask this for pure portability.
Thanks,

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #918 of 2,281
Yeah, if they were made in Switzerland, the UE11 would probably be cheap in comparison.
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #920 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by illini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks,

My iPhone or 4G Nano drive them well enough that I wouldn't bother with the E3 which to me compresses the soundstage.

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #921 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My iPhone or 4G Nano drive them well enough that I wouldn't bother with the E3 which to me compresses the soundstage.

Your right my iphone drives them very well. Not a huge fan of the iphone but the pfe's sound great through it.
Thanks,

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #922 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm... no.
wink.gif

(The CX300 have way more quantity, but way less quality. Exaggerated midbass hump vs. real deep sub-bass.)

Ok thanks I think the Phonaks may be what I'm looking for. I was also looking at UM1's but I'm really not sure at all if they meet what I'm looking for. I really like what people say about atrio's but they are slightly out of my price range unless I can find a second hand one.

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #923 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not had the money to spend on the PFE's yet, but it's likely I will buy those next.

Considering I like my NE-7M's much better than I liked the SE210's, and people who have tried both seem to consider the PFE's a huge upgrade over the 7's I think it's a fair assumption to say the PFE's are a good leap in SQ over the SE210's.

Tsarn is even saying they're better than the Westone 3 (in his opinion), which is most certainly very high above the SE210's in SQ.

The 210's are just underwhelming for the price, and without hearing the PFE's I can not say for sure their SQ is better, but if what people are posting is true then the PFE's are surely a vast amount better than the SE210's.

Yes i have both the ne-7m and pfe's and the pfe's outperform them by a mile. Not saying the ne-7m are not good.

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #924 of 2,281
Quote:

Thanks,

No point using a fiio thru pfe's. tried them before and doesnt make any difference except for the sound being slightly muffled
ph34r.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #925 of 2,281
Quote:

Your right my iphone drives them very well. Not a huge fan of the iphone but the pfe's sound great through it.
Thanks,

Yep the iphone is enough to drive them but an ipod+lod+amp brings it to another level.
darthsmile.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #926 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No point using a fiio thru pfe's. tried them before and doesnt make any difference except for the sound being slightly muffled
ph34r.gif

I need to use a FiiO e5 for decent volume with my PFEs and Clip, and no muffled sound from the e5. Never tried the e3, but the e5 seems to sound fine to me. My Clip just can't get enough sound for my ears, and I do not listen at loud volumes.

But I do agree about the iPod/LOD/amp rig and the PFEs. Wow. Listening right now that way, and it's very, very nice. Either with iPod 5.5g or Touch 2G, both sound excellent with the Minibox and LOD.

Feb 7, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #927 of 2,281
Can anyone compare the bass (in quantity) between the Audeo and PK1?

I dont like the inconvenience of full blown IEMs but I'd like some isolation so these seem to be a good compromise, amirite?

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #928 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to use a FiiO e5 for decent volume with my PFEs and Clip, and no muffled sound from the e5. Never tried the e3, but the e5 seems to sound fine to me. My Clip just can't get enough sound for my ears, and I do not listen at loud volumes.

But I do agree about the iPod/LOD/amp rig and the PFEs. Wow. Listening right now that way, and it's very, very nice. Either with iPod 5.5g or Touch 2G, both sound excellent with the Minibox and LOD.

Have you tried both volume settings on the Clip?

Feb 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #929 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone compare the bass (in quantity) between the Audeo and PK1?

I dont like the inconvenience of full blown IEMs but I'd like some isolation so these seem to be a good compromise, amirite?

I can't do a direct comparison right now but I always thought that the bass quantity in PK1 was somewhat lacking whereas PFEs bass feels just right.

Feb 7, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #930 of 2,281
Just ordered them yesterday (was waiting for payday :p) and they are set to arrive wednesday.
Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back