Phonak Audeo?
Feb 6, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #901 of 2,281
My trolling quota for today has been filled: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sen...ml#post5394726

biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #903 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schnpeller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Impressive comment!

But how well burned-in are your IE8s?

It was around 115-120 hours when I stopped burning-in the IE8's. Im pretty sure they perform better with more burn-in.. but the sound signature jus sadly wasn't my cup of tea.. the vocals sounded abit 'distant' for my personal taste.. Where as with the Phonak's, the vocals sound closer with better detail and clarity, and with a clearer sound that i prefer.

I ended up selling the IE8's for $330 to buy the phonak's ($125), so it was not a bad investment at all.. when it feels like a slight upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #905 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by karanistheone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the quick reply...but i am from india...and i will be asking my dad to get them in for me...so no question of mbg
60 pages have nearly convinced me though...i am into a wide variety on music prog.metal to hip hop and everything in between...so do you think i can do any better for the same amount of money(125ish)

thanks
(edit)how about the denon c751's or klipsch c2

I highly recommend them. I have the Shure SCL4 which is a considerable step up from the SE210. They are gathering dust right now. The Phonak is much better and much more easy to listen to for long periods and much more comfortable. All that easy listening doesn't hamper quality they are very detailed and accurate.

I don't know about you but I listen to a lot of Indian movie music and A R Rahman's stuff sounds incredible on them... He has some of the best studios in India and it shows.

Just listening to Delhi-6 and its awesome...album wise and on the Phonak.

Feb 6, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #906 of 2,281
Received the PFEs yesterday and can tell that they are definitely a keeper. They do need a little push to shine, though. Sound fantasitc (black filters) out of the Pico and Tomahawk.... even sound great out of my very first amp, the PA2V2!... Can't wait to start playing around with the various filter/tip combinations... I think it would be very hard to be disappointed with these.... Perhaps I should buy a white pair and keep the grey filters in them and the black filters in my black pair!

Feb 6, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #908 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chi2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couldn't resist to buy a second pair, (too), but not for grey filters.
smile.gif

(Edit: Had the luck to fetch them NIB for CHF 89 = USD 80 from someone working for Phonak)

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #909 of 2,281
Quote:

Couldn't resist to buy a second pair, (too), but not for grey filters.
smile.gif

(Edit: Had the luck to fetch them NIB for CHF 89 = USD 80 from someone working for Phonak)

That's how I got mine NIB, for $94 on Amazon. Very cool.

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #910 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by btnh47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was around 115-120 hours when I stopped burning-in the IE8's. Im pretty sure they perform better with more burn-in.. but the sound signature jus sadly wasn't my cup of tea.. the vocals sounded abit 'distant' for my personal taste.. Where as with the Phonak's, the vocals sound closer with better detail and clarity, and with a clearer sound that i prefer.

I ended up selling the IE8's for $330 to buy the phonak's ($125), so it was not a bad investment at all.. when it feels like a slight upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, that was quite a lineup. I know what you mean by clearer vocals. Interesting to see someone else who prefers the PFEs over an elite IEM. I know, it seems suspect to some. But it's just, as you say, personal taste.

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #913 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's how I got mine NIB, for $94 on Amazon. Very cool.

Congrats. This makes the PFEs even sweeter, doesn't it? Actually I had thought I was for once privileged because Phonak is a Switzerland based company. AFAIK, Phonak is the only Swiss company to produce head-/earphones these days with the exception of Precide producing the Ergo (=the successor to the Jecklin 'Sturzhelm'). Revox and Jecklin used to so. Of course, the Audéos are in fact being produced in China, as maybe 95 or even 99 percent of all 'phones these days.

Feb 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #914 of 2,281
Quote:

the Audéos are in fact being produced in China

My packaging says "Made in Vietnam".

Quote:

On a side note: the Audéo PFE are made in Vietnam, which is somewhat out of the ordinary. Most other mass-manufactured phones usually come from China, Taiwan, Japan, or Korea. Vietnamese quality control certainly seems up to the task, no complaints there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back