Phonak Audeo?
Jan 26, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #556 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Team Phonak Audéo PFE

beerchug.gif

Alright, my first group. And a group I can believe in.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #558 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since my good buddy Dane is very happy with the PFE, in a week or two I think will have enough bullets to pull the trigger for a pair. I will be breaking my monogamy practice which has bonded me to the ER-4 for years
tongue.gif
another partner to complement the ER-4 will not hurt surely.

As another Etymōtic disciple, I will look forward to your impressions.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #559 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by centerfold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered it on December 30th, and they arrived January 2nd. Considering the post office doesn't operate on New Years, they came pretty damn fast.

Expect to pay some money once the FedEx guy comes to your door though. I think I had to pay somewhere around $35 for duties.

Oh wow that is fast. That is with the $24.95 shipping to Canada right? Because as far as I know, there weren't any other options for shipping to Canada.

Oh, dang, oh well. Is that $35 CAD or US?

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #560 of 2,281
To EFN: Same here (look forward to your impressions), since it is such a major step for you. I also have the MiniboxE+ (actually, a replacement is on the way for my Gen1 version, which for some reason would not hold a charge). I am going to see how much it affects the Phonaks, especially with the bass gain switch, PtoS, etc. First, I have to get 50-100 hours of burn-in on the MB.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #561 of 2,281
Quote:

Since my good buddy Dane is very happy with the PFE, in a week or two I think will have enough bullets to pull the trigger for a pair. I will be breaking my monogamy practice which has bonded me to the ER-4 for years
tongue.gif

Now, can anybody advise me where to get a pair? must be able to ship internationally at reasonable price.

Thanks

Phonak is in Switzerland, but distribution outside the U.S. seems spotty. Someone from outside the U.S. want to help out here?

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #563 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This should be a reasonable store: Hören mit Fiebing - Phonak Audéo Ohrhörer PFE 111

Oh duh, they are all in Swedish. I just can't understand why is it so difficult to open up the market to the rest of the world, some dealers are so USA centric as if the rest of the world don't matter. I dearly want to buy a pair (not immediately, not until my wallet have recovered from the Lisa III purchase). In this regard I still respect the Ety folks who made it very easy for us here "elsewhere" in the part of the world to get good service.

Perhaps I'll just email Anfrage@fiebing.de and see what happens.

tstarn06 & audiofool:
Gimme at least two weeks to get them. And another to get used to them.
Cheers.

Jan 26, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #565 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wow that is fast. That is with the $24.95 shipping to Canada right? Because as far as I know, there weren't any other options for shipping to Canada.

Oh, dang, oh well. Is that $35 CAD or US?

Yes, that was with the $24.95 shipping with FedEx tracking. I believe it was ~$35 CAD, I am pretty sure the FedEx guy wouldn't ask me for American money at the door of my Canadian house. :p

Aside from that, I think it would be a nice idea if Phonak could offer filter replacements with half grey and half black filters like they do when you get the phones. I generally keep those filters in for quite some time, and haven't dedicated myself to one set of filters yet.

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #566 of 2,281
My friend is an audiologist who makes custom tips for hearing aids. I will go him saturday and we will try to make a custom tip for PFE. I will write my impressions here if we success.

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #567 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friend is an audiologist who makes custom tips for hearing aids. I will go him saturday and we will try to make a custom tip for PFE. I will write my impressions here if we success.

That sounds exciting!

nG

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #569 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn! I am just in love with the PFE... I can listen to it for hours and just be in sonic bliss....

Truth.

I don't want to stop listening to them. Almost bothers me when I have to go somewhere and not be able to...

I love music.

nG

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #570 of 2,281
Quote:

tongue.gif

Now, can anybody advise me where to get a pair? must be able to ship internationally at reasonable price.

Thanks

Wow. This makes me happy to read. Knowing how much you enjoy the ER4 and how much time you've spent building various rigs, I have been doubting that you'd consider the Phonak.

I realize that you've just spent a ton on the Lisa III so have mercy on your wallet already!!
biggrin.gif

I hope you do find a dealer that works for you. I took a chance with shopclarityhearingaids.com and received very good service although now I can't find the PFE at the site. Even though I've read that some people paid a better price(I think), I didn't have a problem with the $145 that it cost me.

I look forward to reading your impressions...once you've had plenty of time with them of course.

I'm still not sure what pulled me so strongly towards these IEMs. Mainly it was Martins glowing review that set off a feeling that these could really work for me,they seemed to fit my personal taste for a monitor. I was all set to buy the W3 but after reading conflicting impressions early on, I had seconds thoughts and my gut told me to hold off. I was ready to try a new IEM and the low price for these made it a very easy decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back