awesome... thanks. think will get S9.
atsmile.gif

darn tempting sony X1000...

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #1,384 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the Phonak FAQ:

What can I do to protect my hearing? Observe the following guidelines:

* Always set the volume as low as possible.
* Ideally, you should never exceed 50% of the maximum volume of your MP3 player or other playback devices.
* Do not use for more than 1 hour per day.
* Always lower the volume before inserting the earphones to avoid an unintentionally high sound level.
* Immediately stop using the earphones if you hear ringing in your ears or another problem occurs.

tongue.gif
yeah right

well if phonak's hearing aids, sound as good as the pfe's (after being half deaf, obviously), then i would terribly mind lol

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #1,385 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by btnh47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
word.. same here,
as you can see... lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Rock on!

Feb 16, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #1,387 of 2,281
Today I notice a small piece leaving my phonak's housing. I try to open body and fix it with glue. While opening sequence, I broke that metalic look cover. Because it was glued to the body. After I split glue to my creative zen x-fi's monitor. When I try to clean it, it expanded all over the monitor and didn't clean. After I tryed to fix phonak and glad it work. Now everythink works well but my beatifull new earphone looks terrible now and my x-fi too. These phone realy fragile, be carefull while opening it. And don't try to fix something while your hands shaking because of low blood sugar.
frown.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #1,388 of 2,281
This is my 0 hour burn in first impression
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/p...ml#post5413126

After 5 days in my possession with almost 16 hours/day of burning in with music and 20 Hz sine wave. + listening to it (silicone tips + gray filter), I don't know why suddenly, the bass is getting fatter. I am not sure if this is my PFEs ?? . Let me take it off and check it out, whether I am listening to NE-7Ms, .... Yes, this my PFEs... I am suprised !!!. Very beautiful bass. Deep and realistic. I very happy and hope don't drop any tears of joy
smily_headphones1.gif
. Diana Krall's voice is sooo lovely and lively. So many years I did not having this kind of feeling since my first encounter with Sony MDR-CD3000. Basshead will changed their mind if they listened to this fully burnt in PFEs.

Does anyone has this kind of experiences?

Thank you.

Feb 17, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #1,389 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my 0 hour burn in first impression
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/p...ml#post5413126

After 5 days in my possession with almost 16 hours/day of burning in with music and 20 Hz sine wave. + listening to it (silicone tips + gray filter), I don't know why suddenly, the bass is getting fatter. I am not sure if this is my PFEs ?? . Let me take it off and check it out, whether I am listening to NE-7Ms, .... Yes, this my PFEs... I am suprised !!!. Very beautiful bass. Deep and realistic. I very happy and hope don't drop any tears of joy
smily_headphones1.gif
. Diana Krall's voice is sooo lovely and lively. So many years I did not having this kind of feeling since my first encounter with Sony MDR-CD3000. Basshead will changed their mind if they listened to this fully burnt in PFEs.

Thank you.

My PFE's sounded sweet right out of the box, and remained the same a week later. I don't believe these IEM's to benefit from a burn in period.

I did find if inserted to a certian depth creating a certian seal, the bass was greatly improved with using the stock gray filters...

Feb 17, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #1,390 of 2,281
I do insert it like usual, and quite particular with it, and yes Its sound very nice out of the box, but today, it is like listening to a BETTER PFEs
smily_headphones1.gif
, just like a sub woofer has been switched on.

Feb 17, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #1,392 of 2,281
some balanced armature iem's require burnin, e.g. klipsch custom-3, er6i, creative aurvana in-ear. i prefer to trust my ears on this subject - all three definitely does NOT sound the same after burn in.

that said, no, i don't think pfe's requre burning in either. but someone on another forum did say he thinks that the pfe's bass improved with burnin.

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #1,393 of 2,281
I checked with my Foreign Post Office and my pair hasn't even arrived my city yet... Stupid Royal Mail (or actually "the overseas postal service for delivery in INDIA") ZZzz

Just.... Can't...... Wait....

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #1,394 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally, I just received PFEs. Out of the box impression (0 hour burn-in). With silicone tips and grey filters.

Currently listening to this album
Mancini's Greatest Hits 1989: Album review and songs from Answers.com
I ripped it and converted to FLAC. Refer to my signature for the audio path. No EQing and effects. Totally straight/flat settings.

Very nice treble and I am loving it. Clear and accurate. . Bass it there but still more to come
smily_headphones1.gif
. Soundstage is wide and very good instrumentals separation. I do agree with dfkt's reviews, this IEMs not quite suitable for bass head. With some bass boost, everything should be fine.

Playing Diana Krall's, The Girl in the Other Room, FLAC
Sibiliances ? Sounds natural to my ear.

There were some hassles to purchase this IEMs from Singapore, but worth of it. This do reminds me to Sony MDR-CD3000 but with better treble.

Thank you

IMO Bass with grey filters is very dependant on achieving a perfect seal. In my case using large T130 foam tips.

Enjoy.

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #1,395 of 2,281
Guys remember to join team phonaks
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back