Phonak Audeo?
Feb 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #1,771 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're putting them in your pocket, no wonder you had cable problems. Use the case, and if you plan on carrying it around and don't have a backpack of some sort, use the belt loop on the back.

Good advice, I wonder did you read my cable problems in the earlier post.....90's or so I think. But I rarely ever put them in my pocket, they still...cracked. I will denfinely use this advice If I bring them out. Don't know why I did not think of this....anyhow, good stuff.

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #1,772 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're putting them in your pocket, no wonder you had cable problems.

Putting them in your pocket has nothing to do with the problem Confispect had with his first pair of Phonaks. I shove my SE530s (that also have a history of cracking cables) in my pocket without a case and I haven't had a problem with them at all.

These are earphones we're talking about. They're designed to be portable.

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #1,773 of 2,281
I have never shoved any of my IEMs in my pocket. I always use a case and even then I rarely put that in my pocket, always a small camera case along with a small DAP.

Portable to me means small and easy to carry around, not small so cram it anywhere it'll fit.

very_evil_smiley.gif
&
beerchug.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #1,774 of 2,281
Just so we're clear, this is my coat pocket we're talking about. A big pocket, such that I don't even have to wrap them to get them to fit. In other words, the cable will last longer because I am not wrapping it every time I put them away.

My point? Storing your earphones in your pocket does not make the cable crack.

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #1,775 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have never shoved any of my IEMs in my pocket. I always use a case and even then I rarely put that in my pocket, always a small camera case along with a small DAP.

Portable to me means small and easy to carry around, not small so cram it anywhere it'll fit.

very_evil_smiley.gif
&
beerchug.gif

You are a very smart hepdaddy!

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #1,776 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just so we're clear, this is my coat pocket we're talking about. A big pocket,

bet you look rediculous in the summer...

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #1,777 of 2,281
Quote:

Putting them in your pocket has nothing to do with the problem Confispect had with his first pair of Phonaks. I shove my SE530s (that also have a history of cracking cables) in my pocket without a case and I haven't had a problem with them at all.

These are earphones we're talking about. They're designed to be portable.

Agree/agree with Greatdane puting in pocket should be acceptable to the headphones design. And puting in pocket has nothing to do with cracking or should not have nothing to do since their portable! On the other hand ((Portable to me means small and easy to carry around, not small so cram it anywhere it'll fit) is true. Especially with tighter pants on....

Majestic-x Roses and E

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #1,779 of 2,281
In the summer, if it's cold enough, I'll wear my hoodie and put them in that pocket. Or if I'm wearing cargo pants or baggy shorts, I'll put them in those pockets. But otherwise I use my clamshell case and put them in my backpack or something. I don't have enough room in my jeans pockets with my phone and wallet in my left and right pockets.

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #1,780 of 2,281
Quote:

In the summer, if it's cold enough, I'll wear my hoodie and put them in that pocket. Or if I'm wearing cargo pants or baggy shorts, I'll put them in those pockets. But otherwise I use my clamshell case and put them in my backpack or something. I don't have enough room in my jeans pockets with my phone and wallet in my left and right pockets.

Hmmm, not to get off topic but I've known anyone to carry their wallet in thier wallet in their pockets. Or should I say wallet their left AND right pockets. You must be a Wiz I gotz ta meet cha.
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #1,782 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confispect /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, not to get off topic but I've known anyone to carry their wallet in thier wallet in their pockets. Or should I say wallet their left AND right pockets. You must be a Wiz I gotz ta meet cha.
biggrin.gif

Wow, I have to assume there are a lot of typos in that, but see if this makes more sense:

"I don't have enough room in my jeans pockets with my phone and wallet in my left and right pockets respectively."

Thought that was implied. My bad.

Quote:

TKWYM (totally know what you mean)
confused_face.gif

biggrin.gif

Never heard that one before. Did you just make that up
biggrin.gif
?

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #1,784 of 2,281
Quote:

you know I did

Psh, you're too cool for phrases that already exist

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #1,785 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelOH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...folks, does anybody else's pair have a hole in them on the left ear piece? Or is mine defective? Sure seems like a lot of ear wax, etc. will get in through this hole.

You need to post a pic or something. Not sure where the hole would be, if ear wax can get in. No holes in mine. But a photo would be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back