Phonak Audeo?
Feb 25, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #1,726 of 2,281
No distortion, even with black filters. The iPod EQ is pretty bad, but one some tracks, I used it with my Touch (bass boost). Now, I have shelved the E5 for the iBasso T4, an awesome match with the PFEs and the gray filters. But that's a lot more $$$ than the E5. So see how you like the E5, and try it with both filters. I might switch to the gray with the E5 bass booster on. And with the Comply foamies.

Feb 25, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #1,727 of 2,281
I just got my E5 today, small as heck. Waiting for my minibox
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #1,728 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think Phonak would take the time to research dynamic drivers and develop a full-size headphone if it meant pleasing people? Or do you think that's too much to ask?

I think Phonak might take the time to research and develop a full-size dynamic headphone if it meant they could recoup a significant profit and/or make a long-term presence for themselves in the field...but not for the pure joy of pleasing people. In other words, whether or not it's too much to ask, it's probably too much to expect.

Feb 25, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #1,731 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you guys consider the Phonaks an upgrade or sidegrade from the Sleek SA6? I'm starting to get that itch again, but can't shell out the big bucks for the IE8 or W3s

Upgrade!

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #1,733 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelOH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fellow Phonakians...
wink.gif

I know that apparently, these don't need any burn-in time, but I've had mine since Friday...been listening to them pretty steadily since then, and they seem to be hitting a reallllly nice sweet stride right now.
Any other opinions on burn-in?

Thanks,

Michael

a week after owning the Phonak's I've also noticed they started sounding better the more i used them..and I wasn't expecting them to since they're armature type IEM's.

but Just the other day, i received a brand new pair of Phonaks..i gave them a listen and i could swear they weren't sounding as good as my used paired..

its hard to explain what the difference was between the two, but the new pair was slightly less detailed/transparent than my used one. I went back and forth between them, and yea.. I kept preferring the used one's in the end.

So there seems to be some kind of burn-in effect happening here, with the Phonak's.
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #1,734 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by btnh47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a week after owning the Phonak's I've also noticed they started sounding better the more i used them..and I wasn't expecting them to since they're armature type IEM's.

but Just the other day, i received a brand new pair of Phonaks..i gave them a listen and i could swear they weren't sounding as good as my used paired..

its hard to explain what the difference was between the two, but the new pair was slightly less detailed/transparent than my used one. I went back and forth between them, and yea.. I kept preferring the used one's in the end.

So there seems to be some kind of burn-in effect happening here, with the Phonak's.
wink.gif

tat happen to me 2. after 3 days, suddenly when i waas listening to a song, music just "break through its membrane" pure and naked sound.
jecklinsmile.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #1,735 of 2,281
And me too, at day 5, it seem subwoofer switch has turned on .. Or my blocked nose due to flu several days before, had been cleared
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #1,736 of 2,281
Possibly the filters stretching maybe? I'm excited about my E5 coming, but hopefully it wont make my Caffeine seem completely pointless.

Feb 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #1,737 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Possibly the filters stretching maybe?

Good observation. So, burn-in with low frequency sine waves, example, 20Hz - 120 Hz should provide a good stretching exercise to the filters.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #1,738 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What full-size cans sound most like the PFE with silicones and gray filters, but with much better soundstage? I want it to sound like the PFE in every way, as far as bass extension, lack of a midbass hump, awesome mids, sparkly highs, and a balanced/accurate/transparent sound signature go.

I'm very interested in this as well...

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #1,740 of 2,281
I also noticed the break in inherent to these phones. The "armature" argument is invalid, not only because of the possibility of filter adaptation but also because of the cables burning in. The more I use these phones the more I consider them a great bargain. I had a brief listen with the MG-Head and they do scale up! I'm now considering gettint an portable amp... but I can't seem to find a lot of options at the moment since I need real portability, eg, pocket!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back