Phonak Audeo to close down?
Jul 28, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #123 of 152
Well, after a few thoughts, I remembered my iPhone's headphones were still in their box, so I sacrificed them :

by curiosity I cut the Apple monitors in half, the cable makes a knot inside it, so I cut the cable a little before to get a not twisted cable end

dismounted the Phonak monitors :
- the silver part is glued on the black body, I found no way other than lifting it and breaking it in parts
- two screws maintain the two plastic parts of the body
- carefuly opened the body, removed the system (sorry my poor english, I'm french)
- took a photo of each monitor to remember which cable (signal and ground) is soldered to what contact point
- removed the original cables with my soldering iron

preparation of the iPhone cable :
- sliding the rubber part of the Phonak monitor on the iPhone cables
- cuting the white rubber tubing to let enough copper cable

soldering the new cable on the monitors
- putting a small drop of solder on each contact of the monitors
- soldered the cables

put everything back
- placing the monitor system in the black body and the cable in its place with the black rubber end of the Phonak monitors
- closing the body parts and screwing them

plugged on my computer, the sound is back and always great ! :xf_cool:

with remote-mic addition, the microphone a bit close to my ear

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #125 of 152
a pity they closing down soon.. I quite like their BA earphones.  must be tough competition  however seems very difficult to get stocks in shops in hongkong or Singapore .  my friend bought his from amazon..

May 17, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #127 of 152
So this happened? Because audeoworld.com looks like its business as usual. I just ordered some phonaks on that recent deal and did a search and found this thread.

May 17, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #128 of 152
On the bottom of the page it still says 2013 which was shortly after when they announced the news... the news was quite sudden at the time so I guess they ended up with immense inventory of the Audeo IEM's left.... since they're still selling them well into 2015.

The Main Phonak web site (not the audeo website but the parent company's site) does not have Audeo section under its product line any longer but still has them listed under support section, so I don't think they're back in business/production or anything, just selling whatever's left over and providing support.

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #129 of 152
Years later and I'm still upset that Phonak decided to get out of the IEM bussiness. I absolutely love my PFE-122s and I've thought about buying the PFE-232s while they are still available many times. I'm just very hesitant to spend that kind of money on an IEM without being able to expect waranty/support.

Any Audeo lovers come across other IEMs with a similar sound signature?

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #130 of 152
Dude , trust me they last ages and they give support seamlessly all time (even now), they only stopped selling it.
I have a pair and it incredible earphones. If I was you I would buy it "right now" :wink:

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #133 of 152
thats the thing, the 012 and the 112 are the same headphones, 

Except that when you buy the '012 you only get the green bass filters, and when you get the 112 you get the gray dynamic filters and the black analitical filters. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #134 of 152
  thats the thing, the 012 and the 112 are the same headphones, 

Except that when you buy the '012 you only get the green bass filters, and when you get the 112 you get the gray dynamic filters and the black analitical filters. 

You have the filters mixed a bit.  The green (012) is bass, black and gray (112) are balanced/v-shaped/dynamic(as you call them) and neutral/analytical, respectively.  

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #135 of 152
Phonak filters sound signature:

Grey filter: Balanced and analytical sound signature (I'd strongly recommend the Comply T130 ear tips to go with this filter to smooth out the treble peaks)
Black filter: Reduced mids so you get a U or V shaped sound signature (I'd strongly recommend the Comply T130 ear tips to go with this filter to smooth out the treble peaks)
Green filter: Reduced highs and mids so you get a bass centric sound signature with less high and mid details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back