Phonak Audeo PFE: tips for small ear canals?
Jul 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mudo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there. I would like to try new tips for my Phonal Audeo PFE.

I have small ear canals and even the small shuer olives are a bit big for me. They are hard to put into my ears, but once I do it they make a good seal. The real problem is that they cause a bit of irritation in my ears.

The small silicone tips that come with PFE fit me perfectly. The problem is that they don't isolate much so music gets mixed with noise too easily.

Comply foams are very comfortable and isolate nicely, but I don't want to use them.

So after reading I thing that a good solution could be buying a pair of Shure triple flanged silicone tips, but because I don't want to keep buying things that I won't use, I have some questions:

1. Would they fit my small ear canals?
  2. How would they affect the sound, specially the bass?
  3. Any other recommender tip that could offer all I'm looking for (small size, good isolation)?

Thanks for your help

Jul 5, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 12
Ok, changed the title to make answering this easier. I keep reading, but I can't find clear information about this. Maybe Sony hybrid tips are a better choice?

Jul 5, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 12
well,

foam tips usually isolate more than silicone tips while the tripple frange might be those that isolate best.
That being said, it all comes down to good fit - and i'm pretty shure it would be a good idea for you to consider the q-jays tips.

One night -  after drinking waay too much beer I went to the clubs down town to party with my friends. Later I found myself with on my way home after the clubs had closed without any coat on, worst of all - in that coat was my beloved q-jays! I never saw neither again.
Soo if you guys find a coat with a white pair of q-jays - please return them to me :D LOL

Anyway, I ended saving all the accessories that came with the q-jays and one day I discovered that the q-jays tips fit PERFECTLY on the PFE. Super great as i really like those tips and are the only ones I use with my PFE, but looks good and I get a good seal - and for you, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find one in the right size as they come in extra small, small, medium small, medium, medium large, large, extra large (if i remember correctly). I have very small ear canals too, but if I were to use the stock PFE tips i would use the medium ones and i think I use the medium small or medium q-jays tips so there should the some fittable sizes for you.

The isolation isn't really very good, but I highly recommend these tips - they can be hard to get hold of though.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #5 of 12
Jonasklam: Sorry for the delay, I missed your message. After reading it I searched for the tips, but it looks they are hard to find. I'll keep searching, thank you very much for the information.

Did anyone manage to use Sony or Etymotic tips with PFEs? I would appreciate more information about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back